License server connection difficulties

I was previously receiving an ‘unable to connect to license server’ error and after 14 days was not able to sync to my mailboxes.  I have tried all recommendations in previous threads (disable firewall & proxy, etc.) with no joy.

I have resorted to a uninstall/reinstall but the reinstall fails with an error which starts with ‘System.Net.WebException; Unable to connect to remote server’.

Please advise.  I have been successfully using this client for a couple of years and very much want to continue using it. 

Hi Wayne, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Can you please copy the content of your log when the error occurs and post it here on the forum?

Are you using proxy/firewall software on your computer? Try to check if you can access this website in your browser : http://licensing.emclient.com

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I have uninstalled now, so I’m not sure what the version was or whether I can retrieve logs.  I had been updating automatically, so I expect would have been running latest release.

The problem now is that when I try to rein stall I get the following error;

Hi Wayne, I can not see the error you’re seeing, can you make sure you’ve uploaded the picture?

Thank you,
Paul.

I have managed to resolve this one myself.

Not sure why it was there but I found a proxy setup for windows in the registry.  Deleted the entry and all was good again.

Thanks for the response any.

Hi again Wayne, glad everything’s working, please make sure to let us know if you come across any further issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.