License duration

I purchased a license last july. I purchased an upgrade to v9 yesterday. When I check my license from menu / help / license is shows the July 2021 date of issue for my Version 9 pro, not the March 2022 date of issue. Does this mean that paying for an upgrade license does not reset the tech support clock? Did something go wrong? Or am I worrying about nothing at all?

sábado 05 marzo 2022 :: 0840hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @steveshank

I cannot help you directly as we have Lifetime Pro that do not need upgrade, however,
a question/suggestion…
Do you get a new registration key? If so Deactivate and Reactivate with new key.
Probably a stupid suggestion, shut down and restart eMC
I think I read somewhere previously that upgrade does NOT extend VIP support
as it is possible to pay a few $'s for this
Maybe the easy thing to do is to query with [email protected]

Skybat
Будь ласка, підтримайте Україну будь-яким способом, дякую

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I have just upgraded to version 9 and this version is shown in the License information dialogue box. However, the date shown there is 18/01/2018. This caused me to raise the same question when upgrading a previous version of eM Client.

Support said the date shown there is when I first paid for eM Client and that the licence for the later version was in place. This has proved to be the case, so I don’t think there is need for concern about the date being what it is if the version number being shown is correct,

Oh no. The easiest thing to do is nothing. This is frequently the case. I tend to agree though, probably the upgrade is software only, not support (beyond this forum), so the date shows when the year starts for support.

The key remained the same as my version 8 key.

I liked V8 well enough that I wasn’t suspecting I’d change. Then I bought the V9 upgrade and like it much more. I suspect that when they come out with V10, I’ll just do the Lifetime upgrade, but I really wanted to be sure I’d stick with it and was very bothered it didn’t show images in my newsletter. My newsletter is pretty worthless without the images and I like to be able to support and recommend software I use a lot.

domingo 06 marzo 2022 :: 0902hrs (UTC +01:00)

I can not agree with that!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!

Skybat
Будь ласка, підтримайте Україну будь-яким способом, дякую

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas