Licence questions

Hello,
I have a licence question.

I am currently using a Pro version with lifetime upgrades. What is the difference between this and the new “Personal Version”?

I have also bought the AI add-on, how does this work with my licence? Do I now have to buy this add-on every month, or are all AI functions now permanently included?

Many thanks for the great programme.

The new licenses are explained in our blog page here, but the basic difference is that the Personal license can be used on up to 3 devices, whereas the old Pro licenses are for 1 device only, unless you purchase additional devices.

The AI addon is a monthly subscription.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information.

Would the AI functions be permanently available in the “Personal Version”?

AI is always a subscription.

You can have it as an addon subscription with existing Pro licenses, as an addon subscription with a Personal one-time payment license, or included in the Personal 1 year subscription license.

1 Like

So, am I right in thinking that people who purchased an v9 Pro licence are still only allowed to install it on 1 device only?

But new purchasers can pay basically the same amount but install on 3 devices?

That seems like a huge kick in the teeth to people who already purchased, especially with a Lifetime license. Or am I misunderstanding?

I bought 3 v9 Lifetime licenses to cover my 3 devices, but now I could have gotten 1 Lifetime license for 3 times less?

I get pricing models change, and I am still getting what I paid for, but for new purchasers to get a 3 times better deal seems really harsh.

Also, looking at the License Expansion page, if I want to expand my license to include more devices, I still only get 1 device per addition for just slightly less than the price of buying a new license that would give me 3 devices?

Your Pro license hasn’t changed. It is still for the number of devices you purchased it for.

The new Personal license is something different. You can’t upgrade a Pro license to a Personal license.

A new Personal license costs £50. Adding an additional device to a Pro license is £25.

I can’t update at all as the website keeps rejecting my credit card, saying there’s a problem with it, whereas I can use it elsewhere with absolutely no problem. It’s very frustrating as I hate using gmail in a browser.

@TeresaE

I can’t update at all as the website keeps rejecting my credit card, saying there’s a problem with it, whereas I can use it elsewhere with absolutely no problem.

Suggest to then email [email protected]