Licence for v9 but no updates from v8

Am having difficulties with emails going into spam, and would like to edit my white list.

I see from the Forum that I need v9. - I have v8.

When I click on “licence” it says “licence for version 9”

When I click on check for updates it says “none”.

What should I be doing?

eM Client doesn’t have a whitelist for this purpose.

Rather, this really depends on what is moving the messages to Junk to begin with.

• Normally, it is your server, so you will need to login to their webmail interface, select the message in spam, and mark it as not spam. Thereafter the server should always leave messages from that sender in the Inbox.
  • But it can also be caused by eM Client moving the messages if you have previously blacklisted the sender or their domain. You can go to Menu > Rules and edit the Blacklist Rule if you have one. See if the sender’s address or domain is in the list and remove it.
  • The Spam filter Rule will move messages to Junk if the server has marked them as spam but not already moved them. If this Rule is the cause, the you can either train the server not to mark them as spam, or disable this Rule.

If you are sure the license says it is for version 9, you can download the latest version from the Release History.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
N.B. V9 has an editable white list - at least my wife’s does, and the internet says so also.
Why would emails go into Spam if the address is in my list of contacts?

Yes, I am sure my system tells me “licence for version 9”
Am I misunderstanding ?
I thought by clicking on “updates” I would automatically go from v8 to v9.
Or does it just update the v8 already installed?

The only whitelist in eM Client is for privacy settings, to display linked content from your contacts or other named senders. It has nothing to do with spam.

eM Client has no spam detection ability. This is either done by your server, or because you have manually added the address to your Blacklist.

Normally it would. If it doesn’t, download the install file from the Release History and install it.

I have contacted my provider and when I access their site remotely, the (test) emails in question are in the “inbox”, not in spam, and I have only the choice of declaring them as Spam meaning their system is not classifying them as Spam.

What was (note “was”) happening, was that on opening Client the email in question would arrive in the inbox with all the rest, but as I watched it would instantly disappear from the inbox and I would then find it in Spam.

Ref. your response about manual adding to Blacklist - definitely did not do that.

Ref. the “was” above, I think I have succeeded as a test email just now stayed in the inbox.
I had selected an old one in Spam and moved it into the inbox removing blacklisted domain. Removing blacklisted email did not work.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but I thought it may help someone else in the future.