Latest Update took away all of my event colors!!!!!

I use different event categories so that the entire event shows up in color by category on my calendar.

With today’s update, all of my events lost their assigned categories, and when I add a category to an event, it just shows the category color in a tiny box at the top right side of each event, instead of the entire event being in the category colo, they way it was before this update.

My calendar used to be easy to follow, with the differing color events. Now every event is the same color.

WHY did you make this change???.

Same problem here! Topic says SOLVED…where’s the solution???

This happened because version 4.0 uses different method to synchronize Google calendar. If you want to get back the categories you have assigned to your events, follow these steps:

1. Go to: Tools - Accounts - click New account, choose tab Calendar and select CalDAV
  2. Enter you credentials. Account address URL is: [https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/
  3. You will need to find your Calendar ID using Google web interface. Log into your Google calendar and then click settings under My Calendars or Other Calendars.
  4. Click the title/link of the Calendar you wish to sync. The Calendar ID will appear in the Calendar Address section, to the right of the XML/ICAL/HTML buttons.
  5. Enter Calendar ID you found out to eM Client (Step 2) and click Finish. I hope this will help.

Wow - 5 months to come up with a solution?

I won’t even bother to find out if this solved the problem.

I already switched to Zimbra.

To smkcpa: you wrote to our support system for customers with PRO license and got exactly the same answer.

Yes, and that answer got my events to sync again, but it never fixed the issue ith the event colors.

After receiving the “fix”, I followed up with the following:

smkcpa
Mar 16

to support
Why doesn’t the event category change on my gMail calendar web interface after I change it in eMclient?

To which I received this reply:

Juraj Micek ✆
Mar 16

to me
Hello,
Gmail web interface does not support categories.

Best regards,

Juraj Micek
eM Client

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: 4540

To which I then replied:
smkcpa
Mar 16

to support
They call them Event Colors - I have been using them for quite some time now.

Juraj Micek ✆
Mar 16

to me
Yes you are right, but these Event Colors do not correspond with eM Client Categories.

Best regards,

Juraj Micek
eM Client

Ticket Details

To which I replied:
smkcpa
Mar 16

to support
They do for me, since I use the same colors for each event on both systems.

Is there a way to sync gMail Event Colors with anything in eM Client?

Juraj Micek ✆
Mar 16

to me
Yes, you basically synchronize those two different things manually. There is no way how it can be done automatically.

Best regards,

Juraj Micek
eM Client

Ticket Details

SO AS YOU CAN SEE, THIS ISSUE HAS NEVER BEEN RESOLVED!!!

What if I don’t have a google account/calander?!?

Colors worked before, now they don’t.

Actually, categories are working but we changed their behavior - if you have selected multiple calendar folders, categories are shown only as a little square in the event description. If only one calendar folder is selected, events should have color of their category.

To smkcpa: It was a temporary solution, now you can try to use your Google calendar via GData instead of CalDAV. Simply open your account settings, tab Calendar and Contacts and enable the service. Hope it helps.

Hi George,

Found a solution…for me anyway!

I just noticed that even though I only have 1 calendar in my Local Folders, it had a check box next to it but I couldn’t click on it an have it be CHECKED.

Here’s what I did to get back my colors…

1 - Create a new calendar.

2 - This allowed me to click the check box next to my original calendar and have it be CHECKED.

3 - Right-Click the NEW calendar I created and deleted it.

All my event colors changed to match the category colors AND the check box went away!!!

Regards,
John

Are you sure that you have selected only one calendar folder?

As I’ve already pointed out…I’ve NEVER had more than one calendar or calendar folder. The update to v4 just broke my event colors.

Are you sure of your two different causes/solutions? Neither applied to me yet I was able to figure out a fix that worked for me. I’m not criticizing…just pointing out the facts.

FYI: I’m been in IT for decades…know my way around, understand how things work.

I am sorry for this misunderstanding - I have to read more carefully next time.

Well…my fix no longer works. Colors disappear after closing and restarting eM Client.

If I add a new calendar then delete it, the colors come back…until I close.