Large emails send over and over again and are not being moved from Outbox to Sent

Hi all, 

I have a customer who has 2 Outlook accounts, and has migrated from Windows Live Mail to emClient, as Live Mail no longer supports deltasync.  Generally all has been going well, but typically, when she sends an email with a large attatchment, say 4MB or over, it tends to sit in the Outbox sending over and over annoying the .  The email is never moved to the Sent folder.  No errors are given on screen, but we are able to move the message manually out of the Outbox and all is then fine.

There are two Outlook accounts set up and each are configured via Exchange mode.

I have seen some people with similar problems who have enabled logging and then forward the logfile to one of the team.  Should I do the same?

Thanks for any help
-Neil

bump

Just a quick addition, they are using version 7.0.27943.0

no one?

Hello Neil,

The Exchange Web Services protocol has built in limit for request length so maybe the larger messages that you send hit the limit. Please try to adjust the server settings and make sure that the setting “httpRuntime maxRequestLength” is set to 20000 for 20MB limit or to 50000 to 50MB limit. Did this resolve your issue?

Regards,
Maurice

Dear Maurice , I have same problem as can not send e-mails with attachement bigger than 2 mb . I use EWS connection to excahne server . I am sure that this problem is not exchange server problem  as in paralel I use The Bat e-mail client and with same EWS connection I can send 10 mb and same with my Windows 10 mail ( max . 10 mb ) . Problem is in eM client and we kindly ask you to investigate this problem and fix . Personally I like eM client , but can not use normally just due to attachement size problem

Dear Maurice , I have same problem as can not send e-mails with attachement bigger than 2 mb . I use EWS connection to excahne server . I am sure that this problem is not exchange server problem  as in paralel I use The Bat e-mail client and with same EWS connection I can send 10 mb and same with my Windows 10 mail ( max . 10 mb ) . Problem is in eM client and we kindly ask you to investigate this problem and fix . Personally I like eM client , but can not use normally just due to attachement size problem

Thanks for the reply Maurice, but I am not sure where to check these settings?  Are they in the emClient settings somewhere? I certainly dont have access to any server settings such as those you are detailing.  Prehaps I should have mentioned the accounts are outlook.com accounts.  I feel the same as Aliyar, we have set the accounts up on another computer using MS Outlook 2013 and get no problems at all.

The files being sent are not huge and are under the hotmail / outlook.com limits, but they do tend to be over 4MB.

Hello everybody,

Thank you for the details, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into a similar problem and we will get back to you as soon as we find a solution. In the meantime we would please ask you for patience.

Thank you,
Maurice

Thanks for your repsonse.  Looking forward to the next update.