Large emails get stuck in outbox

Sending small emails I have no problem. They go into the Local Folders Outbox and then move into the Gmail account sent folder when sent.

But when I send an email with large attachments they go into the Outbox, the progress bar at the bottom left slowly moves across suggesting that it is being sent but when all is finished the email is still in the Outbox even when it has actually been sent.

Some more info to add to my post. When the email is left stuck in the Outbox, if I leave it there it is then repeatedly resent over and over again.

I have found a workround. This is to wait until the progress bar has finished sending, check that the email is showing in my Gmail Sent folder and then delete it from the Outbox.

Hello Victor,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Could we ask if you get an error message of some kind? If that is the case, could you please post a screenshot of the error/any message that the program displays? Could you please also post the content of the third tab titled ‘Log’ in Menu -> Tools -> Operations?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hi Maurice,
Thanks for your kind attention. I don’t receive any error messages except for the occasional failure to connect to the mail server. When I send a large email it just gets stuck in my emClient local folders Outbox and keeps resending itself.

I have just sent a 7.4GB message from my gmail account to my btinternet account and it has up till now been sent 5 times in a matter of 16 mins. It is only showing as being sent once in my gmail Sent folder.

What I have to do is to wait until the message sending progress bar has completed once and then manually delete the message from the cmClient > Local folder > Outbox to prevent it from being continually resent.

The following is a copy of the log from the time that I sent it:

19:42:05 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
19:42:05     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
19:42:05    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:42:05    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
19:42:22 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:42:22 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
19:42:22 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
19:42:22 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:42:23 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
19:42:23 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:42:23 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/INBOX
19:42:23 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
19:42:23 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:42:24 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
19:42:24 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
19:42:24 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
19:42:24 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:42:24 [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
19:42:42 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/All Mail
19:42:42 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
19:44:53 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
19:44:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
19:44:53 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:44:53 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
19:44:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:44:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/INBOX
19:44:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:44:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:44:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
19:44:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
19:44:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:45:21 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
19:45:21 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
19:45:29 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
19:45:29     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
19:45:29    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:45:29    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
19:45:29 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:45:30 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:45:30 [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
19:45:36 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
19:45:37 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
19:45:37 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
19:45:37 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
19:45:37 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
19:46:00 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
19:46:00 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
19:46:15 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
19:46:15 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
19:46:29 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
19:48:36 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
19:48:36     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
19:48:36    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:48:36    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
19:50:20 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:50:20 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
19:50:20 [email protected] [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/[email protected]/’
19:50:20 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
19:50:20 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:50:20 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
19:50:20 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:50:20 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/INBOX
19:50:20 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:50:20 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
19:50:20 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:50:20 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
19:50:21 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:50:21 [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
19:50:21 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:51:12 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
19:51:12 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
19:53:25 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
19:53:25     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
19:53:25    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:53:25    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
19:54:53 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:54:53 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
19:54:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
19:54:53 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
19:54:53 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
19:54:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:54:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/INBOX
19:54:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:54:54 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
19:54:54 [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
19:54:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:54:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
19:54:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
19:54:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
19:55:20 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
19:55:20 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
19:57:25 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
19:57:25     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
19:57:25    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:57:25    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
20:04:53 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
20:04:53 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
20:04:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
20:04:53 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
20:04:53 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
20:04:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
20:04:53 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/INBOX
20:04:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
20:04:54 [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
20:04:54 [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
20:04:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
20:04:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
20:04:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
20:04:54 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
20:05:16 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
20:05:16 [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
20:07:28 [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
20:07:28     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
20:07:28    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
20:07:28    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I hope the log can help you identify the problem.

Regards,
Vic

Hello Victor,

Thank you for the update. Are all the messages that get stuck in your Outbox of similar size? 7.4GB is extremely large for an attachment, especially since maximum email size limit for Gmail is 25Mb.

Regards,
Maurice

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your very quick reply. I have to apologise for sending incorrect info. The email size was 7.4MB NOT GB.

I am also getting large emails stuck in Outbox, the email sends but it is not cleared from outbox.  We are sending via mail.optusnet.com.au.