Lack of paragraph formatting

I just started using eM Client and am considering replacing MS Office Outlook with it, as it is feature-rich and looks and feels a lot like Outlook. But I have found so far that it is lacking one important feature, that being an ability to format paragraphs.
I normally place six-point spacing after paragraphs, which results in a very neat and readable format, even when going through and returning from some non-HTML recipients. I can’t do this here. I did copy/paste a few short sample paragraphs from MS Word into an eM Client test email I created. I right-clicked and selected “Edit Source” and found the code, which is straightforward and simple. If I copy/paste a single properly formatted paragraph from Word into a new email and alter the text and add additional paragraphs it all works. But this isn’t the way to run a business!
I see that users have been complaining about this for years. Why isn’t the support for paragraph formatting in eM Client by now?
Again, eM Client appears so far for the most part to be a great email replacement for Desktop Outlook, and I may purchase it if I don’t find many more holes in the support.

1 Like

I’d like to second this. It is the main complaint I have. That and very slow iCloud syncing.

Sounds like you are wanting the Microsoft RTF (Rich text formatting) when composing emails where eM Client uses HTML format.

1 Like

Yes, rtf is what I want for editing/composing. The thing is, eM Client already supports this. I can create my nicely-formatted email in a word processor and paste it into eM client, and the formatting is respected and rendered as HTML. That’s what I do know when I need it. But it is not convenient to put it mildly. It would be nice if an rft editing interface was added to eM Client so the composition could be done directly within eM Client. This is essentially what Outlook has done, and what Airmail claims to do.

Rtf editing might be hard to program, but it would make eM Client the best email program on earth!

1 Like