Keyboard shortcut to Tag/Mark emails, for fast tagging of full inbox

I’ve been using eM Client for a couple of weeks.

Working from the Inbox, I would like to see the option to assign a keyboard shortcut to the Tag/Mark command, and from there, simply to type the name of the Tag(s) for each email.

Tags pop up as you begin typing and you just hit Return to apply the Tag(s).

The fastest way to process a full inbox (or other folder) is to Tag and Archive. In other clients (Office 365 and Gmail) this is done using keyboard shortcuts. It’s easy and efficient.

Can we please have the same functionality in a future version of eM Client?

Thank you.

5 Likes

eM Client already allows you to select from a predefined set shortcuts for tags.

Go to Menu > Tags. Select a tag and choose Edit.

There is also a shortcut for archive - Ctrl+Shift+A

2 Likes

I see. Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately, I have many Tags (around thirty) which is why I’d really like the ability to type Tag names. With so many, it just makes shortcuts specific to single Tags unfeasible.

It’s good to know there are Tag-specific shortcuts for users with fewer Tags, but if typing Tag names could be added (as happens when Moving to a Folder) that would be really fantastic.

Thanks again.

4 Likes

I’m using GTD (aka Inbox Zero) and have a working setup in Outlook with a tagging plugin and about 500 Tags. I already would have switched away from MS to emClient if not for the missing tagging functionality. I would also gladly pay for a working solution.

So 1+ from me for this feature proposal.

If implemented I suggest it should be working with appointments, contacts and - clearly - filtering :slight_smile:

For workflow reference the plugin is called SimplyTag (another one where tagging is restricted to mails is TagIt!).

1 Like

Oh, I would love that functionality! Like a “Quick tag” window shortcut. A small window appears, type in a few letters, and select tag.
That is an absolute must-have!

1 Like

Agreed. I would also like to be able to set a keyboard shortcut for bringing up the Tag dialog.

1 Like

The lack of better tagging functionality is currently the only reason I have not yet purchased eM Client. Has this been added to the development pipeline?

2 Likes

Same here. I have moved from Thunderbird where tagging is a breeze with a simple and single number key.

I want to do the same in emC and I will be happier.

1 Like

Hello,

I am currently trying to use around 250 labels with eM Client - which, to be honest, is not entirely convenient.

Here are my most important questions/suggestions in descending order of priority:

1. what is the shortcut for the tag dialogue (not for a specific one, but in general)?
  2. how can I sort the tag list according to the most recently used labels?
  3. why can’t I scroll through the tags with the scroll wheel of the mouse - what do I have to change?
  4. after right-clicking on a message, the tag list is usually displayed on a high-resolution second screen - but then in a very small, illegible font - can I influence this behaviour?
  5. a dream would be cascadable labels (e.g. to expand)

Greetings, Stephan

…I come from the same environment (GTD, Outlook, category management with a third-party tool) - and for me too, an at least halfway reasonable implementation of tags in eM Client is one of the few sorely missed functionalities…