keeps asking me to authenticate virgin media account

Hi, I noticed that all my contacts had disappeared from the contact list, so tried to reimport them from my Virgin Media email account, but ran into the Google/Virgin Media incompatibility and couldn’t complete the authentication process. I have since re-imported my contacts by creating a .csv file. But now eM Client just keeps asking me to complete the authentication. How can I stop this happening?

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you seeing any errors when trying to synchronise the account? What kind of errors, can you please make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

I had the same issue. Just recreate the account and choose the manual setup, not the google one (the icon next to the account will be an envelope and not the google logo). Same results for you, minus that annoying message.

By the way, the reply above is unacceptable! eMclient perfectly know that this is due to google having changed their authentication method.  

Thank you Jed, it seems to have worked!

Please see my reply to Jed below, he seems to have solved the problem

Thank you for sharing the solution, sorry but we have to make sure what’s going on with the application before we make any false premises.

Hope you understand,