Keep Getting Errors

I keep getting error like this. “IMAP Cannot open folder/Drafts.” It also happens with Inbox and other folders. I click on ignore but it keeps happening. Don’t know how to fix it.

I keep getting error like this. “IMAP Cannot open folder/Drafts

Go online to webmail and see if you can click on your Drafts folder and read messages ok.

If you can read the Drafts folder ok online in webmail, then sounds like a local mail database error where you could eg: Restore a recent dated eM Client backup when you know it was working ok via “Menu / File / Restore”. Any new emails since the restore will then appear when eM Client next syncs.

Or if you haven’t been making regular backups, remove and readd your IMAP account via “Menu / Accounts” using the automatic account wizard or manual setup depending on your provider requirements. Most can use the automatic account wizard setup.

Apart from that, also check your eM Client version incase there is a later version available. All the various versions are available the release history page.

Note: If you do update eM Client, backup first via “Menu / Backup” (Pc) or “File / Backup” ,(Mac) incase you need to restore for any reason. You can see when the backup is complete in Show Operations via the dropdown on the right of Refresh at the top left.