Just upgraded to 6.0.22313.0 but cannot authenticate

Just upgraded to subject version. Cannot log in to any of 2 gmail addresses. Cannot get past authentication screen which remains blank. No logs are being created to determine where the problem lies. When I go to diagnostics and send test email this is received in the gmail account on google but is not received by emclient. I deleted my 2nd email address (lower priority) to re-instal but cannot get past authentication blank screen. I have run out of options to get problem sorted. Your advice would be appreciated.

Worst update ever! Our gmail is a Google business service and authentication is on our intranet. Lost access to chat and calendar. “Super smart automatic configuration” just fails completely with a blank web page. Use “other” email configuration and that will work, but no configuration available for Chat or Calendar. Use the “Chat” new account and only option is auto configure, no option for custom configuration.
 I’ve lost complete confidence in this product.

Hello, can you please make sure JavaScript is enabled for Internet Explorer? I’m afraid this issue might be caused by an external issue rather than an application issue, however It is possible that with some branded webmail applications running Google Apps in the background may result in some issues if OAuth is not implemented, however if you’re using a standard Gmail account or a Google Apps account on your own domain you should be able to authenticate without any major issues.

If you have javascript enabled and the issue persists, can you please make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you.

Hi Paul, Many thanks now emclient running as it should.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you for following up with us on this matter.

I’ve downgraded to 6.0.21372.0 and everything works fine. The big difference is that I can enter my corporate email address AND the GoogleApps password, and with the 6.0.21372.0 version, emClient finds all configurations INCLUDING calendar and chat.
With the latest versions (6.0.22328 et alia) one only has the option of entering one’s email address, but not the GoogleApps password UNLESS one configures it as “Other Email”…in which case the configuration does not find Calendar or Chat. Without entering a GoogleApp password, the authentication screen comes up with a blank web page window.
If I configure it to use my domain credentials, it does hit the corporate mail address, but authentication is denied, since our corporate setup uses ADFS, not OAuth.

Hello Michael, please make sure to use the latest version of eM Client, as the old authentication method will be deprecated from Google’s settings soon and you may not be able to authenticate with the account using any other option. Unfortunately it is no longer possible to setup a Gmail account using both your email address and password. Gmail has introduced a new option to authenticate with the server using OAuth, this will be serving as the authentication method with the server from now on.

If you want to setup a POP3 account, you can do so using the Other settings or in case you’re using a branded version of Google Apps (e.g. Virgin media email), you will be forced to setup the account using this option as the autodiscover preferences will always bring up the OAuth option to setup your other services.

As I’ve mentioned there’s no other option to authenticate with synchronization services on your gmail account than the OAuth option.

Please follow this discussion here: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/version-6-0-22328-does-not-work-well-with-corporate-gmail…