Just update my Emclient 6 to 7, i can't use save as function for my email to save in different file name.

Interesting.
What you suggested did work.

But it was the keyword “conversation” that gave me the clue. Even though every email saved so far seemed independent, and certainly there is no indication of linkages between emails, but that may appear during reply actions. It would seem each email is considered part of a “conversation”, even if it is the only email, a single.

What I found was using the option; Menu / View / Conversations / Disable conversations forces eM Client to treat each email as an individual, and thus, the “Save as…” dialogue presents a File dialogue rather than a Folder dialogue.

This is the switch I was looking for…
Menu / View / Conversations / Disable conversations
This sets Menu / File / Save as… or ctrl-s to use a File name dialogue instead of a Folder name dialogue.

The confusing part is that “Show Conversations” is the default setting, which probably suits many people, but it gets in the way and is not an obvious obstacle to discrete file control.

Thanks for the tip.
This subject matter may make a good entry to the FAQ or Knowledge Base.

I think you are correct David, that when conversations is enabled, eM Client automatically assumes a single message is part of a conversation and so does not allow you to name the file. This only applies to right-click on the message in the message list. If you right-click on the message header in the message detail window, you will be able to name the file no matter what conversation mode you are in.

If you have a Pro License, you can open a support ticket for this bug.

I am a Pro user.
Although I wouldn’t call it a bug. It is more like an issue of function documentation, that’s why I suggested it may be added to the FAQ as the default setting runs contrary to other mail clients like Outlook or Thunderbird ( probably others, but I don’t remember this detail on all clients a trialled over the last few years ).

I’ll probably just leave Conversations off. I like using ctrl-s to save emails. :slight_smile:
And the Conversation function is not likely to get enough use ( if any ), to justify the lack of convenience in leaving it on.

I have an extensive email archive going back _many_ years, and I have a naming standard I am keen to maintain.