Junk mail question

I see there’s an option to blacklist an email but why isn’t there a whitelist? I have emails that I want and they are going into the junk folder. Thanks

If you have emails going automatically into the junkmail folder and have not blacklisted them in eM Client Rules to go to the spam / junkmail folder, then that normally means your mailbox on the Server end is automatically detecting them as spam and moving them to the Junkmail folder, either by an AI engine or a Filter setup on the server mailbox. eM Client then in-turn shows them in your Junk folder.

So go online to your mailbox and first check that there is no spam / junkmail filters setup there. If there is no filters setup to automatically move mail to the junkmail folder online, then click on the email in the junkmail folder online and mark it as “not spam” or “not junk” depending on what your mailbox option has.

Your online mailbox will then learn for future to keep that specific sender emails in the Inbox.

I do have it set to send all emails to my inbox. But they still go to my junk email in eM client. It’s my security cameras still photos that keep going there

I do have it set to send all emails to my inbox

Where do you have that set to do that ? Can you elaborate on that.

My email provider is Spectrum and in the setting of that I took off the spam setting and set it to deliver all my emails that way I would would just mark them junk when they came through eMclient

My email provider is Spectrum and in the setting of that I took off the spam setting and set it to deliver all my emails that way I would would just mark them junk when they came through eMclient

Ok so if you have disabled automatic Spam filtering at your mailbox server end and “no other manual filters setup online”, then you must have a rule still setup in eM Client to automatically move it to the Junkmail folder.

For a test, “Disable / Uncheck all Rules” in eM Client. Then close and reopen eM Client and see if those sender emails stay in your Inbox. If those sender emails then stay in the Inbox, then go back to Rules and “dbl-click the Blacklist rules” & view the list, as there must be still a rule in there setup causing it.

However if disabling all Rules in eM Client makes no difference and those sender emails are still automatically going to the Junkmail folder in eM Client, then must still be something still setup on the server mailbox end moving them.

To test if its a mailbox server online end problem, close eM Client and have one of those senders send you an email and see if it stays in the Inbox online in webmail. If if then goes to the junkmail folder online in your webmail, then contact your mail server technical support to see why its doing that.

Awww my email was under the black list don’t know how that happened. Thanks for your help I would have never of thought of that

1 Like