JavaScript not enabled

Tried the app password approach. Because you are using the Google authenticator in an IE window in eMClient, Google responds with “use the account password rather than an app password”. So this won’t work.

Plus, this approach means you can’t use Google calendar or sync contacts. The Other client settings do not allow you to manually configure those, either. So even if you could get this to work longer than a single session, you lose 2/3 of the features of your Google account.

I am running Windows 10 and Firefox (with Javascript enabled) - EM Client will not pass the authorisation screen on installation let alone log in - having turned 2-step security OFF in Google. I might try switching the default browser to EDGE and see what happens, but if I can’t even install I can hardly use and evaluate.

OK - I just closed this screen and continued into EM without any accounts linked - I then turned off 2-step security - set up account which seems to work OK - now to turn it on again and see what happens!

These posts are all from a year ago - however I’ve just encountered issue of being unable to authenticate a gmail account and getting a ‘you need to enable javascript in our broswer’ error  in the last couple of days after using eMclient without issue for a couple of years. Did Google make a change to gmail authentication that has caused a compatibility issue ? - I’m running 6.0.24928.0