Items Without Email Address Error

Just composed an email to a contact group of 23, 3 of whom don’t have email addresses.
I selected the whole group group to send the email to & it came up with a message (not unexpected):

I said ‘Yes’ expecting it to drop the 3, but the email included the 3 (no email addr) contacts in the list of recipients. Unaware of that I pressed send & got an error message saying “Invalid recipients format - Do you want to send email anyway?”

It should not have got that far; the 3 (no email address contacts) should have been dropped earlier when I said Yes to “compose message for the rest of them”.

Thanks for the report Neil.

I can reproduce it and have opened a bug report for this.

Noted, thanks. Look forward to fix.

This issue has been addressed and a fix should be in the 8.3 version when that is released.

In Jul '21 you advised “This issue has been addressed and a fix should be in the 8.3 version when that is released.” The problem still exists. I note that I am still on v 8.2.1659.
When I check for updates, I get a message “There is no update available”.
When will v 8.3 be released?

I suspect that issue would now have been more than likely resolved on the update just released in the new V9.0.1317.0 if you wanted to try that.

Note If you upgrade from your current version, backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

https://www.emclient.com/release-history

Ps If that’s still a problem update this thread.

Info on the latest Version 9 release.

https://www.emclient.com/blog/em-client-9—the-next-version-of-em-client-is-here-485

OK, thanks. Looks like v 8.3 was never released. Release history indicates it went straight from 8.2.1659.0 to 9.0.1317.0 (& now also 9.0.1361.0).
No doubt these new versions will come through as updates in due course.

No doubt these new versions will come through as updates in due course.

Your certainly welcome to try the latest eM Client V9.0.1361 without waiting for any automatic pushed update from V8.2.1659. The upgrade worked fine for me without any problems.

Just close eM Client and then d/l V9.0.1361 from the version history page above link and install it. It will automatically upgrade your current version and see how you go.

As i said prev backup your current version first via “Menu / Backup” incase if any issues.