Is there a debug log available?

I’m trying to understand why eM Client is showing only some of my IMAP folders. In particular, the folders in my “shared” namespace are not shown correctly. My IMAP server is Dovecot.

Using a telnet client I can list all my folders without issue and other clients (including Thunderbird) show all the folders as well.

1 Like

As far as I know eM Client is not fully compatible with Dovecot servers, and especially not with their shared folders.

If you require logs more detailed than you already have in Menu > Tools > Operations > Log tab, then you can go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the Diagnostics tab for your account. There you can enable IMAP logs which you can later view in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Logs. These are meant for the developers to decipher, so they may not be of much use to others.

Remember to turn the diagnostic logs off when you are done, as they can take up a huge amount of space of left running.

1 Like

Just a small addition: If the application is installed via Microsoft Store the path for the logs is

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\eMClient.<id>\LocalCache\Roaming\eM Client for Microsoft Store\Logs
2 Likes