Is it safe to update from 7.0.27943 to 7.2.36908

Hi All,
I have seen no end of issues with people losing access to email etc when upgrading.  I have held off through many upgrades and am no experiencing issues with Google Mail.  I suspect it is because my emClient is way behind.  Are there any suggestions on how I should proceed to avoid problems?

Thanks

Richard

I think that 7.2.36908 is working as expected. There were many issues with the two versions between that and 7.2.35595, and coincidentally or not, the Google API issue showed up at that time.  

Why not give it a try and see?

What you should do is first make a backup using Menu > File > Backup then do the upgrade. If it is not working for you, uninstall eM Client, then download 7.0.27943 from the Release History. After installing the previous version you will need to do a restore because the database is not backward compatible with a 7.0 version.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your reply and advice.  I see your name on almost every response…I hope you are a paid employee or consultant for all that you do.  I did the backup and the update…so far everything seems to be ticking along very well.  No missing data from what I can tell.  I wont know if my authentication issue with Google has been resolved until at least tomorrow.
Again - thanks.
Richard

I keep trying newer versions that have come out after 7.2.35595.0 all had an issue for me so I stayed with the last known bug free version 7.2.35595.0 [5-16-2019].
I ask myself why stress with an upgrade when 7.2.35595.0 works so well…