Is it possible to select which messages to sync?

I’m syncing with Gmail and have a lot of messages. I’m only really interested in the last 12/18 months, so is it possible to have a rolling sync ‘window’ and forget about any older messages. This would put a lower burden on eM, Gmail and my broadband connection, wouldn’t it?

Hello Simon,

With Gmail, it is possible to set a limit to how many messages you’d like to synchronize via the webmail settings: Forwarding and POP/IMAP - Folder Size Limits - ‘Limit IMAP folders to contain no more than this many messages
 _____’
As for the lower burden - it might be of interest to you that the way eM Client works is that it only downloads message headers to save time during the new mail synchronization so it downloads the message’s body anew every time you open it. If you’d also like to download the whole message bodies(Menu -> Tools ->Accounts ->IMAP tab of the relevant account and select ‘Download messages for offline use’), the initial synchronization with this specific webmail setting will of course be significantly faster.

Regards,
Maurice