Is it possible to disable popups for all event alerts in calendars?

I want to disable all alerts for calendars in eM Client.
Does such feature exist?

I synchronize calenadrs with iCloud and received alerts on iPhone. Duplicated alerts on different devices are annoying.

Moreover.
When I start eM Client, ti at first shows pop-ups, then synchronizes with iCloud.
As a result eM Client shows pop-ups for deleted events frequently. After this I obtain sync conflicts when trying to close such pop-up.
The same happens after returning Windows from hibernate with eM Client run.

The subject is somewhat related with question at https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to… , but I don’t want to disable sync.

Thanks,
Sergiy

Sorry, it is not possible to disable calendar reminders at the moment.
As regards the synchronization conflicts and pop up windows - could you please post here a screenshot? Thank you

This screenshot is obtained after starting eM Client:

Note, all three events already removed from iPhone and syncronized with iCloud.

I pressed “Dismiss all”.

Then I received 3 message boxes for every removed event:

I pressed “Overwrite local” to avoid sync errors, because I know that iCloud data is up to date.

Actually, this is standard behaviour - there was a conflict caused by deleting the items on another device. It cannot be resolved in any other way.

Conflict only appears when event has reminder.

I don’t see any reasons for conflicts.

Standard and expected behaviour for me (as a user) is following.

If I perform some modification on one device, they are reflected on all other devices after synchonization.

> this is standard behaviour - there was a conflict caused by deleting the items on another device.

Do you mean that if I delete event on one device I should manually delete it on all other devices? It is strange.

> It cannot be resolved in any other way.

And this can not be understood by me at all.
Usual behaviour and intuitive is following: If I delete event on one device it is removed from all devices after synchronization.
This is exactly the approach which is used by Apple to synchronize events between Apple devices, including iOS and OS X. It works perfectly!

Again, I guess, that the issue with syncronization appears because reminder is shown before calendars are synchronized with iCloud, which is not sensible.

(Something is going wrong in eM Client after this - it can not delete event during synchronization with iCloud because notification window is open. Of course I can only guess here, but this is easy reproducable).

I only undestand the reason when it is not possible to synchronize when I modify the same event on 2 or more devices and only after this I synchronize calendars with iCloud. It is obviously can not be resolved without asking user for decision. But this is _not_ the case I have described.

I think eM Client does not wait until the synchronization is completed and shows reminders directly. It leads to conflicts but on the other hand you wont miss any important events waiting until the items synchronize. However, I will ask our developers if they can change the process.

> wont miss any important events waiting until the items synchronize.

It is not an issue because synchronization usually requires several seconds only.

Moreover I receive notifications via iPhone, as I pointed in initial question.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your comments, the use case is not simple.
Sergiy

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Hi, what version of eM client are you currently using? What mail service provider are you using?
Can you make a screenshot of the issue or any related errors that you might be seeing?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,

I’m using version 6.0.20617.0.

Attached the error message.

Thank you,
Claas

Hi again, what mail service provider are you using?
Does this occurs everytime you try to add an item to the calendar?

Thank you,
Paul.

I use iCloud for calendar sync. It’s everytime after a reminder.

Claas

Can you please right click your calendar folder and select properties > repair and click on the “Repair” button?
That should help the issue, it is important though to use the repair on the calendar folder which you’re having issues with (where the problematic event is located).

Thank you,
Paul.

Thank you. Now it works!

Hi again, glad I could help, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.