is eM Client NOT compatible with hostmonster

Since transferring our domain to hostmonster (Sept. 11-ish) - my eM Client has a multitude of problems. Is it the client or is it hostmonster? I followed their setup instructions to the letter - however, eM Client won’t allow me to connect securely (although the error message says the server did not respond) - and I have Securi plugin on our website that notifies me when an unsuccessful login attempt is made (we were hacked and get a LOT of them) not only has eM Client decided that it’s junk mail (even after I send it back to the inbox AND unblacklist it) but it also gives an error saying that it cannot move it because of an internal glitch. I suspect that the spam function is not working properly since the emails and domains I DO blacklist continue to turn up in my inbox while emails that I have UNblacklisted continue to turn up in the junk. What say you?

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using? How did you setup the account did you use the manual or the automatic setup for your account?
Can you please make a screenshot of the errors you’re seeing from the application and post them here on the forum?

eM Client does not have it’s own SPAM filtering system, only the blacklist to which email addresses or certain domains are add manually by using the “Move to Junk” button, you should be able to see the content of the blacklist in Tools > Rules > Blacklist.

Thank you,
Paul.