Invalid Server Username/ Password

EM Client is not accepting my password when I try to receive emails, It never asked me for a password before but all of a sudden , it keeps on popping up with a password box

Hello,

can I ask what email account service do you use? If Yahoo or Yandex then there is workaround over some of their issues in newly released patch.

eM Client should ask for update from friday and on.

regards
Jan

Hello. I use Bigpond and can get into my webmail with no problem. Thanks

Hello,

in this case please send me your IMAP logs, settings - tools - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL or subject.

after this you can turn logging off.

best regards
Jan

I am also having this problem.I am using yahoo.Just installed the progrem this afternoon.

Mark

Hello,

With Yahoo there is no solution at this moment - it has been written many times in this forum that Yahoo has terrible authentication server and with IMAP it will most likely cause numerous issues.

Despite popular opinion that only eM Client has this issue - it is not true/ Thunderbird and outlook suffer from this too, but they just do not inform user and has some - to us unknown - workarounds.

Jan