invalid first reply errors

I am trying to access my gmail account I keep getting invalid first reply error on setup.iam using pop3 any ideas

Hi Dessie, not completely sure what you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the error you’re seeing and submit it to us here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

19:22:02 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]

19:22:13   MailExceptions.Exception: Invalid first reply:

19:22:13    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)

19:22:13    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

19:22:13    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
Hi Paul

I have copy the above from the operations box.I am wondering if I should remove the email client and reinstalled.I am using version 6.I have recently change my email address.

regards

Dessie

Hi again Dessie, can you please check the exact version number as I suggested in my original post?
Does this error occur each time you try to reply to a message or does it only occur with a specific sender?

Thank you,
Paul

hi paul

6.021372.0 version email client.i send email by my internet provider (smtp) no problems.when I go to receive my emails from google gmail I have to access it via the tools menu.the local send receive tab I get no response .so my problem is accessing gmail pop3 serve

regards

dessie

Hi Dessie, can you please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your problematic account > POP3/IMAP/SMTP tab and submit it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul

screnshots of my account settings

regards

dessie

Hi, please change your POP3 setting to use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) and make sure the Port number is 995.

Hope this helps,
Paul

hi paul

many thanks done the trick

regards

dessie

Great, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul.
I had the same problem.
The setting has resolved it … but … what I would like to know is why the diagnostic “fix” does not “fix” it?
Kind regards,
Tony Robson