invalid data source operation

I am receiving an error when synchronizing a live.ca email account’s calendar and contacts. I haven’t had any luck searching for a solution so I’m hoping someone here might have an answer. The strange thing is, the synchronizing appears to be working correctly. The eMClient version is 7.0.26687.0

Hi Kathy, I’m having exactly the same issue with the same version…  Do you find a solution? Best regards, Luc

Hi,
like you, I am also getting crazy with this error! I have absolutely no idea, why it is occuring. I can synchronize all my calendar data, but the synchronization of my contacts fails. I tried out another account (as well @outlook.com) and there everything is working fine…
Please let me know, if you have found any solution for this error.
Ciao,
Daniel

Hello Kathy,
is your live.ca account set up as IMAP or Exchange?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,
in my case I was for a long time connected with IMAP. This was working well. Since some days it seems that my outlook.com account is not supporting anymore IMAP. So I had to switch over to Exchange.
Ciao,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,
yes, Microsoft is slowly moving all it’s account to Exchange protocol.
Does this issue happen even with the Exchange setup or has it been resolved by it?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,

no, it has not been solved by it. After setup of Exchange, I am able to synchronise my calender with outlook.com. But during the synchronisation of my contacts from outlook.com I get this “invalid data source operation” error.

Let me know, if you need further information.

Ciao,
Daniel

Hi dears, like written above I had the same problem but going to the Exchange protocol has solved the issue after a quite long manipulation…  All my contacts in Outlook.com had been imported from an export file coming from my Outlook 2010 (about 3000 contacts). Like all these contacts were no more useful I deleted all my contacts on outlook.com, I imported all the useful contact in EM Client and let the synchronization set them again on Outlook.com. As from that moment all my contacts are now correctly synchronized and I receive no more error message from EM Client which until works perfectly, best regards, Luc.

Hello Daniel,
could you copy the content of the third tab in the Operations window (Log) next time this error pops up?

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Luc,
thank you for sharing this workaround.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Luc,

thanks a lot for sharing your workaround! It was working well also at me!

@Olivia: Also thanks to you for your support.

Bye,

Daniel