"Invalid character in a Base-64 string"

Hi,
when sending an email from my gmail.com account I got the following error message: "[email protected]. The authentication failed with reason: “Invalid character in a Base-64 string”.
And then an error message from SMTP: “An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed”.

Apparently, the email was successfully transmitted as it is to be found in the “Sent” folder of the gmail.com account.

Any suggestions what is wrong?

Best regards Ola

Hi,
I believe it was only a temporary error on your server and that is is working OK now - can you confirm that?

Hello. I’ve been receiving this error periodically over the past 3 days. Is there a way to resolve it or just hit ignore and carry on?

Hi, are you having the same issue? Does it occur while sending an email or is the scenario different?
If you’re having the same issue, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced, and turn on SMTP logging, save the settings, restart the application and when you receive the error again go back to the Advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs”, please add my email address to copy ([email protected])

Thank you,
Paul.