invalid arguments

Hallo, could anyone tell me the reason for that irritating message? By the way It’s a test-version. It is reproducible at boot. Thanks.

Hi David, what version of eM client are you currently using with eM Client, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? Also, when the error occurs, can you please switch to the Log tab in operations, copy the content of the error and submit the log to us here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, thank you for answering quickly. The exact version is 6.0.21372.0
The protocol
19:19:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten
19:19:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
19:19:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]/Wichtig
19:19:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
19:19:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten/wichtig
19:19:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
19:19:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/wichtig
19:19:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
19:19:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Für Ordner [email protected]/Inbox
19:19:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Fertiggestellt

I couldn’t get more dates.

Thank you,
David

Hi David, thank you for the received log but unfortunately this doesn’t seemt o contain any additional details about the error, can you please copy the full content of the log when the error occurs and submit it to us here?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, sorry, there are no more data. So should I connect with Google/gmail? I don’t know what is wrong. All Mails always seems to be fetched from the Google Server to em Client. So what does the sreenshot mean after booting em Client?
Sorry for my english language. :slight_smile:

Thank you
David

Hi David, the log tab has to contain more information about the issue, please copy the whole content right after the error occurs, use ctrl+a to select the whole content of the log and copy it out of the operations tab.

Thank you,
Paul

Sorry Paul, that’s all what I get. Sync-Vorgänge is empty. Fehler is the screenshot you know. Or I don’t know what you mean.
Thank you,
David

David, I need you to copy the content of the Log (Protokoll), Screenshot doesn’t display the whole error message, please use shortcuts to copy the whole content of the log and submit it here on the forum by pasting the content into your next reply.

Paul

Sorry, Paul, there are no more data in Protokoll. Could you send me a picture how it should be look like for example?

Thanks
David

Once again for you, Paul, that’s the whole content.

13:59:28 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability
13:59:28 [email protected] [IMAP]  Nachrichten werden auf den Server hochgeladen: In Ordner [email protected]/Sent
13:59:28 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/
13:59:28 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
13:59:29 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
13:59:29 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
13:59:30 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Die Nachricht “” konnte nicht in den Ordner “Sent” hochgeladen werden. (Invalid Arguments: Unable to parse message)
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Nachrichten werden auf den Server hochgeladen: Fertiggestellt
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere die Nachrichtenmarkierungen: Für Ordner [email protected]/Sent
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Der Nachrichtenteil wird heruntergeladen…
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/Inbox
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere die Nachrichtenmarkierungen: Fertiggestellt
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Der Nachrichtenteil wird heruntergeladen…: Fertiggestellt
13:59:30 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Der Nachrichtenteil wird heruntergeladen…
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/Gesendet
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Der Nachrichtenteil wird heruntergeladen…: Fertiggestellt
13:59:30 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘[email protected]/[email protected]/’
13:59:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/Gesendet/gekauft
13:59:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
13:59:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/Papierkorb
13:59:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/Personal
13:59:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]
13:59:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
13:59:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten
13:59:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]/Wichtig
13:59:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/[Gmail]/Alle Nachrichten/wichtig
13:59:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
13:59:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner [email protected]/wichtig
13:59:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
13:59:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Für Ordner [email protected]/Inbox
13:59:34 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Fertiggestellt
13:59:35 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere die Nachrichtenmarkierungen: Für Ordner [email protected]/Inbox
13:59:35 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronisiere die Nachrichtenmarkierungen: Fertiggestellt

This is what I needed, thank you… Seems like the application is having issues while uploading a message to your server, maybe be due to a message size limit being exceeded, however your server is not accepting the message.

Please try to repair your sent folder, right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button. Wait for the application to resynchronize the folder and check if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you,
Paul

No Paul, after this still the same… :frowning:

But thank you
David

• New installation?

Have you been importing any messages into the current google account or is this possibly an issue with a sent message? Are you using any security software on your computer, such as firewall or any antivirus with email protection features? If so, can you please try to temporarily disable such security element and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,
Paul

Your first sentence I couldn’t answer, because I don’t know. I switched off all funktions from G-Data Antivir for a while. - Still the same result.

Thank you
David

By the way. Other clients I tried doesn’t show this mistake. (using imap) Strange, isn’t it?

Each application handles thrown error differently , some hide connectivity issues completely, can you please enable IMAP logging for the problematic account in Tools > Settings > Advanced?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us, using the “Send logs” button, once the error reoccurs, please submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul