Integration eM Client and FastMail

Hi,

I have recently moved my multiple email servers to FastMail and I am very happy with the result, but I am having a few problems with the integration between the two of them. I have seen in the forum that other people are using both, but I have not found the solution to my problems.

1. My setup at FastMail is that I manage 5 domains and I have around 20 aliases. I have automatic rules that place the incoming mail in a folder for each domain. When I compose new mail in the FastMail web app, I can select the alias to use and the external world sees that I am apparently sending my messages from the correct domain.

I want to replicate this behaviour on eM Client, but I have not found how to associate my aliases with the FastMail account, so I can only send email from eM Client using my generic FastMail address.

1. I have not found how to synchronize my Calendar and Contacts between FastMail and eM Client.

I have not found how to associate my aliases with the FastMail account, so I can only send email from eM Client using my generic FastMail address.

I’m bit confused, can you not setup your aliases you want with your Fastmail account in eM Client accounts and not your generic aliases ?

Once you add the aliases you do want to your Fastmail account in eM Client via “Menu / Accounts / General” tab, you then when composing, replying or forwarding mail select whatever Fastmail alias you require in the popout menu on the right of your Fastmail account.

I have not found how to synchronize my Calendar and Contacts between FastMail and eM Client

(Setup Fastmail for eM Client Calendar and Contacts using “Caldav & Carddav”).

https://www.fastmail.help/hc/en-us/articles/1500000277622

We have a catch-all aliases feature in the alias setup.

If you select this option, you probably won’t have to manually setup any aliases because eM Client will automatically detect which alias the incoming message was sent to, and when you reply to that message, it will create the alias on-the-fly and use that.

It may not work in all scenarios, but give it a try.

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Setting the aliases was easy enough. I had not noticed the ‘Aliases
’ button on the Accounts dialog.

For the other task, I had already seen the help page you mention, but it is for an older version of eM Client and I don’t see how to link to Calendars and Contacts on the current v9.

Maybe I am getting old 

Gary,
Thank you. I am setting the aliases explicitly with the Add Alias button. It is a bit of work but I have to do it only once!

I have been investigating further and I see that on my Accounts dialog, I do not have ‘CalDav/CardDav’ on the Services list. That explains why I cannot enter the address.

Is it possible to add these services without recreating the account?

@ManuelOnate

I don’t see how to link to Calendars and Contacts on the current v9

That Caldav and Carddav Fastmail setup webpage article above should be exactly the same in any version of eM Client. Have you tried the below ?

For the Fastmail Calendar, when you go to “Menu / Accounts” you click for adding the Calendar, “Add account” and click “Calendar” manually, and choose Caldav and follow the Fastmail Calendar setup instructions.

For the Fastmail Contacts, when you go to “Menu / Accounts” you click for adding the Contacts, “Add account” and click “Contacts” manually, and choose Carddav in eM Client and then follow the Fastmail Contacts setup instructions.

1 Like

cyberzork,

You are a life saver! I had not thought of adding new specialized accounts for the Calendar and Contacts services, maintaining the existing one for Email.

I have finally setup FastMail with eM Client thanks to your help.

1 Like