Installed Windows 8.1 ~ Now can't even start emClient ~ HELP!

I get an error that says:

EM Client Database Check

It performs two checks and passes:

1. Checking for corrupted database…done.

2. Checking for inconsistent data…failed.

Then it just hangs and I can’t get into my mail, making me dead in the water for work. I can’t even get it to open and don’t what I’m supposed to do now, uninstall? And to save my files what do I back up? It’s still a fairly new product (paid version).

What should I do to get up and running again?

Thank you,
Charlotte Gilmour

Hi,

is it possible for you to send me your whole database? (without mail_ files) to [email protected] together with this topic’s url in subject?

Or you can try to update to this version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v5.0.190…

Or you can try to delete database and recover from backup or make fresh synchronization, but this will not tell us what causes this issue.

Jan

How would I send you the entire database? Tell me how and I will try.

In the meantime, I will try to update via the link you provided only because my work relies heavily on email.

Thank you, I shall check back for the database how to later.

=)
Charlotte Gilmour

Or you can try to update to this version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v5.0.190
So you know, I tried the above, it still doesn’t work. I really need to collect mail but I can’t even open the program…

Need help asap, so will be checking back to see what we can do. This is a paid version so hoping for resolution soon.

BTW is there a way to access the cloud info online? Since I can’t even get the program to start?

Thank you,
Charlotte

Problem solved, all is working now, I fixed it myself. (backed Windows 8.1 off) reinstalled em client, however, now I wonder if em client is compatible with 8.1…

So it works now for you? We are getting numerous reports with win 8.1 and when I will finish completing these reports then we should be able to resolve it out…

anyway next time I suggest you using our paid customer support - it has much higher priority than forums.

Jan