Installed Android App - Emails Sitting In Outbox

Been using desktop eMclient for a couple of years now without issue. Installed Android app yesterday using QR import, but all emails I’m sending are sitting in the outbox. I’m lost as to why, or what I can do to fix this?

Yes currently “there is an issue with the latest eM Client Beta Droid app” where as you said the email currently just sits in the outbox after pressing send.

So till that’s fixed in a future Beta update, “swipe down manually” to force sending in either, All Inboxes, Inbox or Sent box.

Note: Once you manually swipe down once, the app will then automatically send mail till you close it.

Now if manually swiping down doesn’t send mail, then update in this thread what your mail account “smtp server settings” are to check them.

Keep watching the Playstore for updates and also send that current sending mail issue as well to [email protected] .

Manually swiping down doesn’t work unfortunately. What SMTP information is required?

Manually swiping down doesn’t work unfortunately. What SMTP information is required?

Need your Mobile Account “SMTP Server Address”, “Port”, and “Security Policy”.

Also are your mobile app SMTP settings any different to eM Client for desktop ?

This also happened to me when I had set up the first account. Emails got stuck. Nothing, I tried, worked.
Then I tried to delete the account and set it up again. Now it works fine.
Well, if ‘autodiscover’ works, it’s rather fast to do.

1 Like

@PoulBak

This also happened to me when I had set up the first account. Emails got stuck. Nothing, I tried, worked.

Then I tried to delete the account and set it up again. Now it works fine

Yes I too can remove and readd the accounts via QR Export or just manually add them, and yes it will then send mail ok, “but only for a very short time”.

Then all of sudden it will stop sending emails (even basic text emails) and just sit in the Outbox. This happens on both my Samsung OS 14 mobiles with UI 6. All other mob apps keep sending ok with th same accts. Found this sending mail issue with last 2 Droid V10 mobile app builds using Gmail & MS accounts.

So yes @NathanHM apart from checking your SMTP settings, try removing and reading your accounts in the mobile app as @PoulBak advised and see if it allows you to send. See if it makes any difference adding them via QR Export or Manually adding them.

I’m not able to check if desktop settings are the same as mobile at the moment as I’m out of the country. Imported via QR and haven’t changed anything so I assume they’re the same. Settings are as follows:
Host: server69.2dservers.net
Port 25
Force usage of SSL/TLS

Thank you. I will try deleting and re-adding when I’m back in the office at the end of the week.

I’ve deleted the account and have tried re-adding manually. While the IMAP test connection is successful, the SMTP fails and says ‘server not responding’. I know that the same details I’m inputting work on desktop.

@NathanHM

Host: server69.2dservers.net
Port 25
Force usage of SSL/TLS

While the IMAP test connection is successful, the SMTP fails and says ‘server not responding

That doesn’t look quite right for a POP SMTP SSl/TLS secure connection. With Port 25, the security policy should be either “Use SSL/TLS if available”, or set to “Don’t use secure connection”.

Failing that move any emails stuck in the Outbox to your Drafts folder and then try one of the secure SMTP settings as @Gary advised in another thread.

Gary’s post extract below.

For SMTP:
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Apart from that, verify with your mailbox technical support website the SMTP mail server settings.

It’s IMAP, not POP. Confirmed with IT company that it can be port 25 non-SSL, or port 465 with SSL. I’ve tried both, same outcome in both scenarios. However, just tried 465 with SSL on legacy mode and it seems to have fixed it! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me as well, but so far swiping will force send OK.