Install server not responding

This is the message I get when trying to update emClient mail program. Can someone please help.

You can download the latest version directly from the Release History, and install it that way.

Thanks Gary. Good tr but it still comes up with same message and wont install.

@Greg_Attrill

Install Server not responding is usually a Windows OS file issue somewhere.

If you have already tried rebooting & still same error, then try running the system file checker (sfc command) built into Windows, to check for any corrupted or damaged Windows installation files. Sometimes that will fix that Install server not responding error.

So in the Admin “Dos Prompt” or Admin “Power Shell” type sfc /scannow which normally then will scan and fix any default Windows OS files if it detects any corruptions or damaged default os files.

If you just want to check Windows for errors, type sfc /verifyonly to avoid doing any actual changes.

Note:- Always reboot after running sfc /scannow and make a backup of Windows before running.

If sfc then finds any errors & repairs them, it will wrote a log of that for you to view as in the below.

If the Windows sfc scan program made no difference to the issue, then try using the Microsoft Windows install / uninstall troubleshooter. You can download the tool from the below Microsoft website link.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (microsoft.com)

Quote:-

What it fixes
The troubleshooter helps fix problems that:

Corrupt registry keys on 64-bit operating systems.

Corrupt registry keys that control the update data.

Prevent new programs from being installed.

Prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated.

Block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel.

If you’re trying to remove malware, you can use Windows Security (or another antivirus tool), or you can use the Windows Malicious Software Removal tool.

(Screenshot of the troubleshooting tool.

Thanks Cyberzork but this seems a bit complicated for the mere mortal. Im using Windows 10 and wouldn’t know how to get into DOS let alone keeping a backup of windows. Should I try to use the uninstall troubleshooter first? I think I can do that. Regards Greg

@Greg_Attrill

seems a bit complicated for the mere mortal

Yep if your not confident running the sfc command, then just try the Microsoft Troubleshooting tool. That has worked for some peeps without doing anything else.

domingo 10 octubre 2021 :: 0952hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Greg_Attrill

Here is how you can carry out @cyberzork suggestion

How to Launch & run SFC
Open a new elevated command prompt.
To do this Right Click Start on Windows 10 Task Bar
Left Click Command Prompt (Admin) it could be named PowerShell (Admin)
Type (sfc /scannow) no brackets and hit the Enter key.
Wait till it finishes then Reboot

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Ok I managed to do both ie running sfc command and then Microsoft trouble shooting tool. Still comes up with message “installer server not responding”. Now by not having latest version of EmClient will this cause a problem. Otherwise should I completely uninstal it and get new version. If so how do I do that without losing my emails.
Thanks Greg

1. Uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database folder when asked. That will ensure all your data and settings are there later.

2. If it exists, delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client folder.

3. Download and install the latest version from here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/v8.2.1659/setup.msi

I tried all the suggestions but nothing worked. I disabled AVG firewall and then it worked.
So the problem seems to be with the firewall.