Install erors on Re-install

QUESTIONs BELOW

Trying to re-install EMC led to Win 10 crashing, unable to boot.
Used Sys Restore. Now I’m trying to to re-install EMClient. (either V8 or 7 - just start the darn program

EMC Install says Where is the EMC shortcut link on Win 10 homescreen. it’s gone.

… I created a new link but since I’d already uninstalled the program the link doesn’t point to anything. EMC quickly spotted my ploy. (Error codes 2902 and 1909)

I really want to get EMC running - it has backups for gmails that i foolishly deleted from Gmail since creating those. So a working EMC program the only way to get at them.

QUESTIONS

• how can i get EMC to install clean, without looking for that shortcut?
  • Is RegEdit the only way ?
  • MOST OF ALL, Anyone know where the keys are (HKLM?), and especially which reg entry to re-set and what to set it to ?

other ideas v welcome TY very much !
Mikl

Uninstall eM Client making sure NOT to delete the database directory when asked.

If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\

Download and install the latest version from the Release History.

Wow - that was a wonderfully quick response.
And thanks for the idea.

I bet it would’ve worked if i hadn’t already deleted eM Client using and uninstall utility (Revo or Advanced Uninstall, i don’t remember) so that the database was wiped out.

BUT - i do have some EMC backups.

• are they enough like the db to use in place of ?
  • could they be placed in an x86 Folder (or somewhere) that the install program would recognize ?

Again TY Lots fr your time and interest, Gary

NB - no EMC version will install now. All trip up on the .lnk file that’s supposed to be there, and want to know where the destinotion is etc.

[Warning: 1909: Could not create Shortcut eM Client .lnk. Verify that the destination folder exists (it doesn’t) and that you can access it.]
THEN
[The installation has encountered and unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. (It doesn’t, here). The error code is 2902]

Revo is a very good tool for removing traces of an application when all else fails. Remember to use the scan option after the uninstall so that it removes the registry and folder entries left behind. Be careful because the scan will ask if you want to delete the database directory. If you want to keep the database select NO to this question during the uninstall:

And during the Revo scan, do not delete any files and folders from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client

I am not sure why eM Client will not install. After you have uninstalled with Revo, restart the computer. Then download the latest version again from the Release History. Maybe the download is broken, so save that to a different location and run it from there.

An eM Client backup can be used with Menu > File > Restore to restore your database if you have deleted it.