Increasing Font Size when Composing a Message

I have set my default font size for messages I send to Verdana 10, and I use it most of the time. I have one friend with poor eyesight, and he likes to get messages with a really big font. So far I’ve highlighted the message, right clicked it, moved my mouse to Format and clicked Font Increase. I do this twice to get the font as large as he likes to see it. Although this works, it’s a bit clumsy and time consuming. Is there a shortcut to doing what I want to do?

–Jim–

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, we don’t support the MS Word’s shortcut Ctrl + Shift + >. However, you can add the Font button to your toolbar (Right-click on toolbar > Add button) and with this you can manually increase the font size.

Russel 

Thanks, Russel. However, when I right click the toolbar I see Customize…, not an Add button. After clicking Customize… I have a choice of adding or removing any of 19 items to or from the toolbar. I currently have 6 items visible in my toolbar. Font isn’t one of the available items.

Yesterday I got an email saying that a reply had been added to my post, but it never showed up here. It suggested that I select the text and then use CTRL+plus sign, and that does indeed increase the font size in small increments each time the keys are pressed. Likewise, CTRL+minus sign decreases the font size.

–Jim–

The info in my previous post proves to be incorrect. Although CTRL+plus sign appears to increase the size of the font in the compose window, it is not actually larger when the message is sent. So I am still interested in getting a Font button into the toolbar.

–Jim–

Russel, I have figured things out now. I was looking at customizing the Main Toolbar and not the Mail Compose Window Toolbar. Now all is good. In fact, the Font item was already there, but I was so busy looking at all the color selections that I missed the size field. The more I learn about eM Client the more I like it! I think the failure of my Windows Live Mail was a blessing in disguise.

–Jim–