INCOMING MAIL NOTIFICATION NO SOUND

Hi, just signed up to the forum to say I’m having same problem.  Will wait, along with the rest of you, to see what the outcome is!

There is no sound notification for 7.2.33785.0 and higher. At 7.1.33101.0 there is a sound notification.

Windows 7 x64

There is a reply in a similar post that fixed the problem for me:

7.2.33997.0 solves the problem

No offence, but I don’t think anybody should just click on a link that somebody posts on a forum; we are all much more aware these days that it’s a dangerous thing to do.  YOu’ve said nothing about what it is, and what it’s for, even what system it’s for - it’s dangerous for people just to click and/or download random links without knowing anything.

Maybe just hover over the link with the mouse and find that it points to emclient.com… So it is legit. And it does fix the notifications!

If you follow the conversation above, you’ll see that I had submitted a ticket to eM Client about the issue and it’s been talked about in other posts. If you don’t feel safe clicking on the link, then don’t. But it does fix the issue and the link is to eM Client.

As others have mentioned in this thread, that update appears to work just fine. My sounds are back! 
Please tell your tech support person thank you!

I was being a bit dense there then, I apologise and thank you for the link!

Suddenly, no sound notifications for mail since this morning for me in the mac version of eMclient !

But not for the mac version !

Hi all,

Just to confirm on this issue, it was fixed in the newest release as MRH reported. I’d also like to ensure you, that the links that lead back to our website are safe so you can feel free to download the newest update.

Russel

It’s a MSI file ! It cannot be opened for the Mac Version!! Only for Windows !

Russel Markosky; Can you please give me the link for the newest version that fixes the notification sound issue.
 I’m presently using eM Client version 7.2.33888.0

Thank you.

Hi Fitness,

Please feel free to download the newest version from: https://www.emclient.com/release-history.
The newest version is: 7.2.34062.0

Russel

Russel thank you,  it would seem I’m not automatically being prompted to update.  I looked but couldn’t find where to enable it.  Does it auto update in the background?

eM Client version 7.2.33888.0 is what I currently have and I don’t see it listed in the downloads…is that to prevent the spread of a problem update?

Mine does not prompt for an update, nor auto update, either, not even in the background. If updates are coming this frequently, I’ll have emClient manually check for updates on a daily basis.

Just have to be careful…sometimes updates are broken so I don’t usually update unless I’ve got an issue. 

Mine doesn’t automatically update either, there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to enable that - looking at the download history, there have been 4 updates since just the other day; I’m still on 7.2.33997.0.   Perhaps the free version doesn’t auto-update.

When I go to Menu/Help/Check for Update it says there is no update available!

Hi,

Just want to inform you that we don’t “push” each of the releases to be seen in the update prompt window. If you check the box “Show system notification” in Menu > Tools > Settings > Notifications, does the “Check for updates” link work?

Russel

The manual ‘Check for Updates’ link is located in menu>help>check for updates.  I didn’t see any other update options…such as automatically check for updates.