Incoming email being blocked

Incoming email from one person only who I communicate with regularly is being blocked.  I am with virginmedia, I use Windows 10 and I version 7 of emc.  They receive email back saying there is a permanent error with my address.  No one else appears to have a problem sending me emails.  Can someone advise, oh and I’m not an IT expert.

Just an eM Client user here.

I suppose this is obvious, but did your sender make certain the email address being used was correct? It would seem that there is something wrong from their end since you state no one else has a problem sending you emails.  As far as I know, eM Client doesn’t block certain emailers, unless you ask it to do so, as with blocking a “junk” mailer address or domain. 

Yes they did, as my correc email address bounces back to them and they forwarded that response to me.

They forward it to a different email address to get it to you?  Still, the question remains, why would eM Client block just one emailer of yours and allow all the rest?

My thought is eM Client isn’t doing it.  Perhaps your ISP or an antivirus/malware/firewall program is doing it.  Or, the sender’s.  

They forwarded the bounce-back message from a different email address.  But we have been communicating for years via both our current email addresses.  Thank you anyway.

If they are receiving a return message stating the email address they are using for you is a permanent error in your email address, the problem is not with eM Client as the software does not send return mail for incorrectly formatted email. Only email servers along the path between a sender and a receiver will send such messages.

First thing to check is to check how your email account is set up in eM Client Settings. Are you using a different Reply-to email address in the account?

If that looks OK, send the person the correct email address since you can at least send email to this person.

If you have another email account have that person forward you email which contains the error message he is receiving so you can inspect the error message. For example, what is the email address of the sender of the error message?

I’m not using a different ‘reply to’ address.  They have the correct email address which has had no changes to it since I set up the EMC software last year.  They can send to me using if they send from a different email address.   Would it make a difference if they send a lot of emails (not spam) from their email address.  The error message they are getting back is this:

-----Original Message----- From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 23 June 2016 10:08
To: their email address
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

my email address 
    host mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.58.11]
    retry timeout exceeded

Perhaps an eM Client employee can respond to this situation?

Milltown:  The issue appears to me to be a problem between the emails server/s involved, not the client software’s ability to accept your friend’s email.  But that’s just my guess.  

Would be nice if an eM Client employee could comment, though this is basically a user forum for those of us who use eM Client free.  Paid license owners can get direct support.

Thank you mustangace, at least you’ve given me pointers. 

Thanks for the kind words.  :)

See this as relates to the server blocking the email:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/One-of-your-hosting-companys-mx-mnd-ukmail-iss-as9143-net…

and this…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/mx-mnd-ukmail-iss-as9143-net-Spam-content-found/td-p/3060…

Seems to be a problem with your email provider’s servers.

Thank you for that.  I’ve contacted them now as it seems to be a recurring problem.