inbox not showing mail

Hi, I reset my computer a few days ago hoping to solve a few problems I have since found the fault. My eM Client was working fine prior to it being removed by the reset, but after re installing the client it does not show new mail in the inbox! deleted mail and trash are showing and sent messages are in the relevant folder as well as some older mail which I think have been imported from my webmail access which I have been using while trying to re install EM client. as I did not send them from em client  Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Would really appreciate some pointers as I am sure it’s something that I have not done.

Go to Menu > Tools > Operations and see if there are any IMAP or POP3 errors in the Log tab.

Hi Gary, Thanks for your reply the log shows IMAP synchronising messages relating to Drafts, Deleted , Trash and Sent saying Done there are a couple of messages in amongst the sync messages relating to Mail client account connection exception after a line saying Online state change to offline due to network availability I 'm guessing  this is when the ethernet cable or wifi connection may have been removed. Just realised my inbox is only showing in the local folder list and not in the expanded account list is this right? Smart folders shows All inboxs, unread and flagged files but no content  Hope this helps Thanks Dave

So the connection exception means that it is not connecting to the server. 

You can try changing the settings. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the account that is not syncing. Click on the IMAP or POP3 tab for that account.

Make sure the port/security policy is set to one of the following combinations.

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

IMAP sent to  143 and use SSL/TLS if available SMTP set to 587  use SSL/TLS if available (the diagnostic “fix” set this) Looking at the deleted folder in em client there are messages from yesterday and today and last week if I delete them in my webmail browser and the log says these folders are syncing but there is no  inbox in the folder list below the account  in the task panel, the new mail must be going somewhere! Confused!!

Strange that other IMAP folders are syncing but not the Inbox. You did not hide the Inbox by any chance?

In eM Client, there might be a More folder, and the Inbox could be in there. If it is, right-click on it and choose Show. Or check with your provider. Some like Gmail you can specify which folders are available to sync with IMAP. Check using the web interface and see if that is the case.

You did not say who the provider is?

Hi Gary, Many thanks for your help the problem was the IMAP settings, checked on my providers (PlusNet) website and they gave some different settings which when loaded created an inbox and downloaded my mail. The confusing thing was that when I ran the diagnostic check on my original settings it said OK !!! This prompted me to think the IMAP detail was correct. Anyhow problem solved . Thanks again for your help much appreciated.

So what I would do is make a backup using Menu > File > Backup, then go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and remove this email account. Make sure before you delete it that it has an IMAP tab and not a POP3 tab.

Once that is done, you can add it again by clicking on the + icon and follow the automatic setup.

See if that gives you an Inbox.