inbox.com

Inbox.com never finishes syncing. Using IMAP is anyone else using inbox.com and having the same problem?

Hi, are you receiving any errors from the application? What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

Using version 6.0.20648.0

I do get the occasional error connecting to… failed. [IMAP] But these are rare.

It does retrieve the emails, but it seems to be in a constant state of sync. I would post a log file but they are huge. 

When I delete the email it goes away from emclient, but not from the server.

I use it for other accounts and no problems there, which leading me to believe that maybe it is an inbox.com issue. So was just wondering if anyone experienced something similar.

If you know of anything that would help, would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Kirill

Hi, please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and clear the log folder.
After you do so enable IMAP logging for the account, save the settings, restart the application and replicate the issue.

When you see the synchronization is stuck or keeps running for a long time you can also run this tool:
http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe

After you do so go to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send me the logs with the dump file generated by the emstackdump tool.
Also please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi again Kirill, thank you for the received dumps, can you please send me the IMAP logs as well?

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

Sent.

Kind Regards,

Kirill

Hi again Kirill, thank you for the received logs, do you think you could send us more of the IMAP logs? From the look at the first logs it seams like the server is dropping the connection, but we do need to confirm.

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

The logs end up being hundreds of MBs quite quickly. Is there any particular part of the logs that I can copy out for you?

Kind Regards,

Kirill

Please disable the logging, clear the current logs and enable the logging again, unless you let the application run for several days, the logs should not exceed mail attachment size during testing.
You don’t have to keep the logging enabled after you submit the logs to us, actually I recommend disabling it so it does not take too much space on your computer.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

The client ran for 20 minutes and the log is already 70Mb. Anything else I can do?

Kind Regards,
Kirill

Hi again, can you please upload the logs to some common file sharing service, such as dropbox or google drive and share the file with us?
But as even you suggested this seems like it might be an inbox.com issue, since the connection is being dropped by the server remotely.

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul,

I am awaiting their response, if they have no idea, I will be sure to upload the logs.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Kind Regards,

Kirill

Great, thank you, please feel free to keep us posted while you proceed.

Regards,
Paul.

Got a response:

please note that IMAP access is still in beta state and is not yet finalized therefore 100 percent functionality can not be guaranteed right now.

We will start working on finalized version of IMAP access once we finalize the beta web mail version.

Thanks for your understanding and patience in this regard.

Hi again, thank you for the update, but unfortunately based on this information I’m not completely sure if we can make the connection work.
Are you able to send/receive email or are you having issues with all the standard functionality?

Thank you,
Paul.

No I think I’ll just have to wait until they release a final version.

Again, thank you for all your help.

Kind Regards,

Kirill

Absolutely no problem, I’m glad I could help, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about eM Client, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.