Importing v card file does not work.

I imported Thunderbird contacts to em when I first installed. I then cleaned up the contacts list and exported to a v card file. I now want to import them to a different computer but the new computer can not find the v card file.

Hi Kent, not completely sure what you’re referring to. To import .vcf file into eM Client, just navigate to File > Import > Import contacts from .vcf file, navigate to the folder where you have your vcard files and chose the folder you want to import your data into.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

HI Paul, When I do what you request (I had already tried this) the v card file does not show. However I decided to press the finish button and the v card file downloaded even without out me see the file.

Hi again Kent, do you mean that while searching for the .vcf file in the import window, you’re unable to view the file?
This is because you have to navigate to the folder where the files are saved, not the file itself.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul, On another note. I did not want to start another thread as I do not think this is a em issue, just thought you might have some insight. We use QuickBooks at work and to email directly from quickbooks it does not recognize em client. I am assuming this is a QB issue, any thoughts. Please note, all of the testing I am doing is to prove em will work for my company and then I will need to buy the pro version. The above issue is a game breaker. It works in Thunderbird. EM has a better calendar. I need both.

Hi again Kent, I’m sorry but I really don’t understand what are you having issues with while importing the Vcard file, in your previous reply you’ve mentioned that the file was imported after using a “finish” button.

As I mentioned to import a VCard file you have to navigate to the folder where the file(s) are saved. Select the folder you want to import to and confirm the options. Data will be then imported.

I’m not completely sure what QuickBooks are, in case you’re having issues while using the send feature included in the application, check with QuickBooks support, or make sure you have the latest available version of .NET framework 4 and 3(2) installed on your computer.

Hope this helps,
Paul.