Importing my exported emails

Hi, All, I’ve migrated to the new Google system and I have my old emails safely in Local Folders in the new eM Client account, so that’s all good.
But when I was setting up the new account I accidentally removed thousands of emails from my Gmail server and downloaded them into eM Client on my computer. Right away I saved those emails in a backup I made, after moving them to the Local Archive folder, and I also exported all those emails via the normal eM Client export process. Then I messed up and had to reinstall the new account–but it didn’t have those emails. Now I’m trying to get these exported emails into my new account. I have tried importing them from my export file, but I can’t get it to work. I’ve tried the .eml option and various different choices going through the steps. What are the settings I need to use? I can go to the backup where they’re saved and re-export them in a different way (what way?), but it seems I should be able to import them from the file I already made.

viernes 10 junio 2022 :: 1911hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Tom45

I am not sure how you made the Backup as some of what you say is not clear to me.
If you made the Backup using the eMC Backup tool (Menu ->Backup)
you simply need to import this file by going to:
Menu ->File ->Restore - you will need to point Restore to the Backup

As far as trying to import you have not been specific with the export steps you took, if you used eMC export you will have one eml file/email
The correct way to import is: Menu ->File ->Import ->Email (.eml) pointing to the files

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thanks for replying, Skybat. I used the eMC backup and export procedures all the way. Anyhow, I just got it to work! The only change was: I checked “Include subfolders” which I’d never tried before.
Before that, here’s what I would do to try and import the files. First, the exported folder with the emails is on my desktop. It has 1.46 GB and a folder inside called “Local Folders” and a folder inside that called “Archive,” which is the location I exported the files from. Inside “Archive” are thousands of files of type “email message.” So I know they are there.

But when I tried to import from this folder before (without subfolders checked), I went to Import, then clicked Email (.eml), then Next. So I browsed to that folder on the desktop, clicked to open it, clicked on Local Folders, clicked on Archive and I got this message: “No items match your search.” But when I just clicked on “Include subfolders” the process worked. So now the thousands of emails are in the right folder.
Now I need to research whether I can get them back on the Google gmail server . . . .
Thanks,

sábado 11 junio 2022 :: 1127hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Tom45

Good you got it sorted.
From what you have said because you had used Menu ->Backup
Simply using Menu ->File ->Restore (pointing Restore to your Backup) would have done everything for you.
If you have not already you should setup Backup to run every day & save 5 files.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.