Importing local folders and other saved emails in Thunderbird

I have tried importing the Local Folders in Thunderbird (which has many saved emails for different old email accounts as separate folders within it) and also other email accounts where there are saved emails but the account has been closed so they cannot be downloaded.

This does not seem to work even though there are no errors reported.

In the first instance, I can only see contacts under “Local Folders” for selection but no other sub-folders.

Is importing local folders and other saved emails in Thunderbird supported?

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Thunderbird v24.

Thanks.

Regards,
G

Hi Gordon, I’m not completely sure if I understand.

You’re trying to import from thunderbird, if you go to File > Import > Import from Thunderbird, and select Import selected folders, do you see any options to import?
Or do you do the import and nothing’s imported?

What exactly is the issue? Can you make a screenshot of the issue?
What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

The above is a sample of the Thunderbird screen that I have.  The email accounts are on the top and there is a Local Folder where I have stored email archives in folders named after the email addresses.

For the email accounts, some of them could be closed because the service provider no longer provides the email service but the accounts still has the Inbox and Sent folders with downloaded emails.  The email accounts could either be using POP3 or IMAP4.

So my actual Thunderbird setup has 16 email accounts and 32 archive folders in the Local Folder.

I tried to import the whole setup as whole accounts and the email accounts were imported but with no previously downloaded emails and the Local Folders had nothing imported.

When i deleted the email accounts and left only 3, and did the same for the Local Folders leaving only 3 archive folders, I was able to import the archives into the Local Folders and the email accounts only imported the server settings, still without any of the previously downloaded emails (even for those where the server settings no longer worked as the service was no longer available).

I tried to use specified folders to import and got the same results.

Thanks.

Hi again, sorry for my belated reply, can you send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.