importing from a crashed hd emclient to emclient

Hi My Laptop crashed and I have setup a desktop with emclient and would like to get the email stored on the harddisk. The import function doesnt show how to.
How do I do this? Many thanks
[email protected]

I dont tried this with eM Client but I normaly copy all the files in the same folder name and location before a fresh install. Most of times the software activates a recovery and integrates the data in the new install. Maybe works with eM also.

Hello,
simply copy the whole database folder to the new location and you will get identical copy of all your data and settings.

Database location:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

It took time for me to get the old data readable again. I have been using EmClient since so I don’t want to lose the emails I’ve had since the crash. I want to import the emails/merge the data files. Please help!

Unfortunately you can’t directly import from another eM Client database. What you can do is load the old database, export what you want to keep, then import it into the current database.

First make a backup. Go to Menu > File > Backup. Just in case.

Then you need to load the previous database. Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Storage. Make a note of the current database location, then change to the old one.

Once you have selected the location of the old database, restart eM Client. Export all the emails you want to keep. Go to Menu > File > Export > Export to .eml files.

Now go back to the database location settings, and change it back to the original location.

Restart eM Client and import your old emails. Go to Menu > File > Import > Email (.eml)