Imported contacts from Thundirbird not visible

Hi,
I have just switched over from Thunderbird. I know the contacts are in eM Client as they are visible when I do a Ctrl-B but in “Contacts” in the left plane is empty.

1. Have they actually been imported
  2. How can I get them to show up in the left plane Contacts field?
    Robert…

I am new to eM but I left thunderbird because there were so many frequent updates and they never worked right the first time. Honestly I am prone to blame thunderbird for any migration problems. I always advise my friends to keep a paper backup of such info because as a last resort you can always add them manually. Can’t help ya if you have thousands to import . . . sorry.

Thank you for your reply. Seems like we have come here for similar reasons. The contacts are accessible but not where they are supposed to be. I am wondering if eM Client is reading the Thunderbird files. I will eventually go through my contacts and enter them manually before I delete Thunderbird.

Hi Bob,
when you press Ctrl+B and you see your contacts what “Contact Folder” in right top corner is chosen?
Are you sure you are looking to the same folder in Contact section?

Regards,

Milos Kovalcik.

Hi Milos
The contact folder is “All Contacts” when I do a Ctrl+B. I have no idea where the other contacts is pointing to it’s just a blank screen. Perhaps you can tell me how I can change this?

Thanks

Robert…

When you click on Contacts in sidebar all your accounts and Local Folders shows up. If an account is expanded there is “Contacts” folder. Please check all these “Contact” folders of your accounts and Local Folders as well.
If you see your contacts after Ctrl+B they should be somewhere.

Regards,

Milos Kovalcik.

Hi,
I have found them and lost them again. Local Folders were hidden and it was there. I tried to move the folder and it has gone now. I have the backup both in Thunderbird and Windows Contacts so I might just add them manually.

You can’t just loose your contacts by attempt to move folder. They have to be somewhere. Probably the best would be if you import your contacts folder from Thunderbird to specific folder. While importing select folder you want contacts to be imported in and remember this folder. Afterwards you will find your contacts in that folder.

Milos Kovalcik.