Import Outlook 2003 PST with subfolders

I have an Outlook 2003 pst file with subfolders. When I import the pst, any folder with subfolders and top-level files loses a random number of top level files from it. I have mananged to get a complete import by creating a new subfolder to contain the top level files of that folder. This has to be done no matter where in the tree the folder with sub-folders is placed. After import I then move the files back into the relevant folder.

Hi, I’m not sure if I completely understand the issue, by importing an outlook pst file which has multiple sub-folders, you only don’t see the last sub-folder or is do you have an issue with all the sub-folders?

Thank you,
Paul.

If I have a folder “orders” and beneath it I have several top level emails eg “order1”, “order2” etc. and some subfolders, eg “Amazon orders”, “Misco orders” etc. Then when I import the pst file, some of “order1”, “order2” etc will be missing. I couldn’t spot a pattern of number of missing files to number of subfolders, there probably is one.

What version are you currently using? Do you think you would be able to send us the .pst file or create a similar one which would show the same issue on import?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,
The problem occured in Feb/March, so I don’t know what version I was using then, it would have been the latest. I will try to produce a cut down pst that will demonstrate the problem. My current one is 130MB. I’ll also then be able to tell you the version I used, because it was on a PC that I’ve taken off-line - my old XP system. I’ll get back as soon as I can.
Thanks
Peter

Ok, please find the version of your client and send me the pst file to mcgregor@emclient.com , also please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,
I have sent you a simple pst that demonstrates the problem on my XP system with EM Client vn 6.0.19861.0
Regards
Peter

Hi, thank you for the received .pst file we’ll be examining the issue and I’ll let you know what might be causing the issue and if there’s a fix for it.
But before we do so, you can try updating your application to the latest version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.201…), let me know if it helped.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,
I imported the test pst into the 6.0.20154.0 version with the same result -one email lost.
Please be aware that I have succesfully transferred over all my emails by not having any in the top level of a folder with subfolders. So I’m not waiting for this fix.
Regards
Peter

Ok, definitely thank you for pointing out this issue, we’ll be looking into this so it can be fixed in future releases.

Thank you,
Paul.