Import data from eM Client 6 fails with error "The category '' already exists"

I was using eMclient since a week with 3 accounts, today I have upgraded to v7, when it tried to import it showed “Operation failed: The category ‘’ already exists”, I have tried the Import… option from the menu with the same outcome.

Now I have just a blank email client. Any help?

I have the same problem…  I just updated to version 7 and now I can’t see any of my local folders??

For now I have uninstalled 7 and installed back 6 from this link, got back to my accounts & folders. 

Hello Turchino,
could you please copy your database files from C:\Users\ your user account \AppData\Roaming\eM Client folder and send them to me at [email protected] with a link to this thread?
We are aware of this issue but are unable to replicate it and you’d greatly help us in improving the database migration to v7.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,
Unfortunatelly I can’t do that as the folder size is 755MB (mail_data.dat is 675MB while mail_fti.dat is 86MB). Any other suggestions? I would indeed like to help.

Hello,
compress your database into a ZIP file and then use a File Storing service (like Dropbox.com or myairbridge.com) to send the file to me, please.

Regards,
Olivia

The database contains confidential information that I cannot share. Instead if you want to send to my email a debug version of EmClient I would happily collaborate (I am in the software industry).

Hello,
I understand. Can you perhaps ZIP the database without the mail.dat files (so it’s smaller) and send that directly to my address instead?

Regards,
Olivia

Done

Hello,
thank you for sending the data, our programmers analyzed the issue and it seems there has indeed been a (probably) server-created category with an empty name that caused this issue.
We’re creating a work around that will ignore or remove this category during the migration.

Regards,
Olivia

Excellent. Does the version 7.0.26526.0 already includes this fix?