imap server troubleshooting

hi, upon a few days I can’t acces the imap server anymore. I’ve check the settings parameter and ererything is ok. The server responses becaus I recieve my Emails on my mobile phone. What should I do? Thanks and happy new year !!!

Hello schaub,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Could we please ask who is your e-mail provider? If you’re getting an error message, could you please enclose a screenshot and open the third tab in the same window as the error titled ‘Log’ and copy its content here? (For fast copying, pressing Ctrl+A will select everything).

Thank you and Happy New Year to you as well,
Maurice

Hello Maurice

My Email provider is: Swisscom
Settings: smtpauths.bluewin.ch (port 465) / imaps.bluewin.ch (port 993) / pop3s.bluewin.ch (port 995)

Here you’ll find the requested Logfile. Don’t be surprised to find a POP3 account. I have createt it to recieve my emails (and it works…) but I would be happier to have my IMAP-account working.

Best regards
Christophe 

19:16:59 Online-Status: geändert zu Online bis zum NetworkAvailability
19:16:59 IMAP - Christophe - bluewin [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner IMAP - Christophe - bluewin/
19:16:59 POP3 - [email protected] [POP3]  Verbindung wird aufgebaut: An POP3 - [email protected]
19:16:59 POP3 - [email protected] [POP3]  Verbunden: An POP3 - [email protected]
19:16:59 POP3 - [email protected] [POP3]  Lade Nachrichten herunter: Von POP3 - [email protected]
19:17:00 Gmail [Google Calendar]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
19:17:00 Gmail [Google Contacts]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
19:17:00 Gmail [Google Contacts]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘Gmail/Contacts/’
19:17:00 Gmail [Google Contacts]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘Gmail/Contacts/’
19:17:00 Gmail [Google Calendar]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘Gmail/[email protected]/’
19:17:02 IMAP - Christophe - bluewin [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertig
19:17:02 IMAP - Christophe - bluewin [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Für Ordner IMAP - Christophe - bluewin/Inbox
19:17:02 IMAP - Christophe - bluewin [IMAP]  Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Für Ordner IMAP - Christophe - bluewin/Inbox
19:17:02 IMAP - Christophe - bluewin [IMAP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException:
19:17:02 (Connection terminated)
19:17:02    bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
19:17:02    bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.FetchNewMessages(ConnectionContext context, String selectPath, UInt32 idLow, UInt32 idHigh, String idList, Boolean useUid, UInt32 messageCountEstimate, Boolean newestFirst, Boolean breakOnNewMessages)
19:17:02    bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
19:17:02    bei MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:17:02    bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
19:17:06 POP3 - [email protected] [POP3]  Die Verbindung wurde getrennt.: Von POP3 - [email protected]

19:17:06 POP3 - [email protected] [POP3]  Die Verbindung wurde getrennt.: Fertig

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for the details. Could we please ask you to try disabling any firewall/antivirus software that you might be using and see if the error stops popping up? If it does, please add eM CLient into exceptions.

Thank you,
Maurice

upon a few days I can’t acces the imap server anymore. I’ve check the settings parameter and ererything is okhttp://prntscr.com/dubndc

Hello Maurice
Now ist working well again.
Thanks
Best regards
Christophe

Hello Laura.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please open the third tab in the same window as the error titled ‘Log’ and copy its content here? (For fast copying, pressing Ctrl+A will select everything). Have you tried disabling any firewall/antivirus software that you might be using? If the errors stopped popping up, please add eM Client to exceptions.

Regards,
Maurice

Hi,I have same issue. I have 2 accounts with same setup but one does not work. Do somebody know where is the problem?

LOG:
19:13:27 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizace podsložek: Pro složku [email protected]/19:13:27 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizace podsložek: Pro složku [email protected]/
19:13:27 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizace seznamu složek
19:13:28 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizace podsložek: Hotovo
19:13:28 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizace podsložek: Hotovo
19:13:28 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizace zpráv: Pro složku [email protected]/INBOX
19:13:28 [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizace složky ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
19:13:28 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizace zpráv: Pro složku [email protected]/INBOX
19:13:30 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: 
19:13:30 (Connection terminated)
19:13:30    v MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
19:13:30    v MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.FetchNewMessages(ConnectionContext context, String selectPath, UInt32 idLow, UInt32 idHigh, String idList, Boolean useUid, UInt32 messageCountEstimate, Boolean newestFirst, Boolean breakOnNewMessages)
19:13:30    v MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
19:13:30    v MailClient.Protocols.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:13:30    v MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hello Filip,

That looks like something is interfering with the connection. Could you please try turning off your antivirus/firewall and see if you stop getting these messages? If you do, please add eM Client to exceptions.

Regards,
Maurice