imap port 993 error

Hi,

i ́m trying to setup emclient 6 with an imap connection to my mailserver. But i fail when i try to connect to it. The server is using imap on port 993 - i ́ve checked it via telnet on that port and all is well but the mailclient is not showing new mail, it just keeps saying “synchronising folders” and that ́s it. Am i missing something? The same settings for the mail server work on thunderbird mailclient.

Any help is truly appreciated.

Simon-T.

Hi Simon, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service vendor are you using with eM Client?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to your server?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

i ́m using Version 6.0.21372.0. The mailserver is an Cyrus IMAP-Server. I tried it now from another computer on a different network, same problem. I can ́t make a connection to the server via protocol IMAP(S) on Port 993, SMTP(S) is working on both ports 25 and 465.

There is no security software involved. I ́m using Windows 8.1 64bit.

Thank you

Simon-T. 

I ́m using Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.13 on a debian squeeze as a mailserver.

Hey Paul, the error was on my site - i forgot to set my new mailuser password with saslpasswd2 - sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again.

Hi again, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul