[IMAP] MailExceptions.OperationException: Unable to upload message ([SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error)

When i start EM Client approx. 5 x emails cannot be uploaded to pc and display errors in log. IT happens everytime em Client is started and whatever I try I cannot delete them somehow. I cant even see the messages in Webmail either. I have tried to delete the whole account and then download again in case DB corrupt but that does not help either. Any ideas?

Hi Collin, seems like some of your messages were not accepted by the server and may be only located in one of your current folders. When this error occurs, can you please switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and submit the log to us here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, I am having the same problem. Could you please tell me how to fix it? My error message has been coming up for over a year. I deleted the two offending messages but the Operations dialog comes up with this mesaage every time I open EmClient.

[email protected] an error occurred.
[IMAP] Unable to upload message “Children’s Fest to folder Inbox”. ([SERVERBUG] BUG: unknown internal error.)”

Here’s the log:

9:28:54 AM Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability 9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Uploading messages: To folder [email protected]/Inbox
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Unable to upload message “Re: Curriculum” to folder “Inbox”. ([SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error)
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Unable to upload message “Children’s Fest” to folder “Inbox”. ([SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error)
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Uploading messages: Done
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:28:54 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Airmail]
9:28:55 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:28:55 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
9:28:55 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:28:55 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Outbox
9:28:55 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:28:56 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:28:56 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Notes
9:28:56 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:28:56 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Airmail]
9:28:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:28:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
9:28:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:28:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Outbox
9:28:58 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:28:59 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
9:29:00 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done

Hi Heather, thank you for reporting this, but unfortunately it seems like this is a server-side issue, for some reason your mail server can not accept messages uploaded to your Inbox, please try to Repair your Inbox by right clicking your Inbox and selecting Properties > Repair, click on the “Repair” button and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

shortly I tried to move around 150 Mails to another directory. Some of them are not uploaded to the server (MDaemon Messaging Server, with IMAP) in the new directory. I tryed to save this mails as .eml and import them again but the same problem persists.  It 's the same problem as described above I guess:

MailExceptions.OperationException: Die Nachricht “XXXX” konnte nicht in den Ordner “XXXX” hochgeladen werden. (Could not append message)

I tried to fix it with REPAIR like Paul wrote.  With REPAIR the Cache is cleared and the directory will be re-synched with the server. Because the bad mails were never uploaded (due to the problem) to the server in the new directory they will be all deleted. Goodbye forever!

Any Idea. Is there a way to export the Mails for exampel to Thunderbird. This Programm will be able to synch,…

Wow, in the meanwhile the mails does not appear as an error message. They got synchronised, but all the information in the mails is gone. No Date, No sender, No recipient and NO content. All the Mails are UNUSEABLE!!!

I have lost 21 Mails:

In the meanwhile some of the Mails where synced. So this was a Serverproblem I guess. But eM Client has a fundamental programming misstake. If the Mails could not be synced they should not be allowed to be moved in the local directories. In Thunderbird for example this Mails are automatically moved back in their origin directory. The behavior of eM Client leads to data loss. How can I move hundreds of Mails, if there is always the risk to loose them?

As far as it being a “server issue,” I don’t think it is. I have the same problem, and I’ve only ever encountered it after switching to eM Client. Thunderbird (which I don’t like in general), and Opera Mail (which I love but is no longer in development) didn’t have any trouble with my server (Pair).

Here’s a screenshot of the error message.

Hello Joel, unfortunately seems like this is a server issue, we’re not able to workaround these types of issues. However it seems like the problem is with a specific folder or junk mail, try to repair the folder by right clicking the message or remove the junk messages by using shift+delete to avoid uploading of these items to the server.

To repair the folder, right click the folder in the left pane and select properties > Repair and click on the repair button, this will essentially force a resync of the folder that will only download data already available on the server.

Regards,

Thanks, Paul - I’ll give that a try.

Hello !

I’ve the same problem from Version 6 to 7 …
… eM Client want to sent the messages, so where can I find them ?

I’ve -right clicked- and repair every Spam-folder !

But still the same problem …

Bye, Martin

Hello Martin,
if repairing the folders does not work, try to turn eM Client into offline regime (File>Work offline), delete the bugged messages, and then restart eM Client and turn it back to online mode.

Regards,
Olivia

I’m having the exact same issue with EM7  - any email that is moved using a filter in EM does not get moved on the server; and no longer exists anywhere on the server.    The only copy is currently in EM - as I don’t want to loose the emails, I do not want to force a re-sync.
I’m currently on the Free version and was about to upgrade to paid - but this is a deal breaker as filters have to work.   They work without issue using thunderbird, mailbird, postbox, and outlook so I doubt this is a server side issue.  

edit:
Looking more closely - it appears to be random on only one folder and is not happening on any other folder that EM is filtering to.   The one that it is happening on, also has the most traffic.

From the logs
[IMAP] unable to upload the message “…removed…” to folder “Filter.ecommerce”.([SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error (0.00 + 0.000 secs).)

detailed logging:
11:03:06.921|021|   A16 APPEND “INBOX.Filter.ecommerce” () “20-Sep-2016 17:53:16 +0000” CATENATE (URL “/INBOX/;uid=56632/;section=TEXT.MIME” URL “/INBOX/;uid=56632/;section=TEXT”)
11:03:06.946|029|   A16 NO [SERVERBUG] BUG: Unknown internal error (0.000 + 0.000 secs).

The emails that were having issues were all part of one rule with quite a few addresses in it as well as adding a label to the email.
After breaking the rule into 3 different rules and then removing the label - its appearing to work now.    Hopefully the labels will work and it was the size of the list that was creating the issue.   
I’ll monitor for now.