IMAP GoDaddy problems

I have problems linking to a GoDaddy IMAP account. It seems to connect OK but then after about 30 minutes starts saying there is an error connecting to that server. Works ok with 2 other accounts including Gmail. Can you help?

Hello,

are you using AVG? If so can you please disable it for a while and then try to use eM Client again? We have received numerous reports exactly about this issue and we have found out that it is because of bad settings in AVG.

with regards
Jan

No. I use Norton.

In this case I will need your IMAP logs, go to tools - accounts - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

then follow steps which leads to your issue and after it will occur send logs… from advanced window to [email protected] with this topic’s url in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

with regards
Jan

OK thanks have sent you the logs by email

I have received them and sent them to devs, And I will respond to you as fast as possible.

Jan

What was the resolve for this issue?
I am seeing the same problem in an office with many clients using godaddy imap. They use Symantec AV.
Need some feednback here asap!
Thank you

From our email communication I can send you this. But yours can be caused by different thing.
Here is direct copy from email:

" I was told that problem lies on your server and that you have to show this issue to your admin.
Tell him that for connections server returns this: * BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: Did NOT to connect to an internal server.: Cannot assign requested address"

But I suppose that this will not be enough for you, if so then follow my previous post starting:
John Galis (Official Rep) 2 months ago
In this case I will need your IMAP logs…

with regards
Jan

Hi, if you’re currently experiencing issues with GoDaddy’s accounts, please try to navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your GoDaddy Account > SMTP, and change the security policy to “Don’t use secure connection” using port 25.
This should resolve the issue, as it seems the current GoDaddy’s issue is based within a broken SSL protocol on their server, disabling your ability to authenticate using secure connection.

Hope this helps,
Paul.