IMAP error message synchronizing with my ISP Network Solutions

I am getting this error message every time eM Client attempts to synchronization or receive mail:  [IMAP] with my ISP “Network Solutions”, the two new accounts fail to sync, or download incoming mail. The error message states “This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?”
I’ve checked the setting, when I run the ‘Diagnostic” function both IMAP and SMTP return ‘OK’ results
Can anyone advise where I have made errors in the set-up?

Hi Rob, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? Also please make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs, switch to the “Log” tab in Operations, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks for the quick response and assistance.  Version # 6.0.21372.0  Cheers

10:17:56 AM Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability
10:17:56 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:17:56 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:17:57 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:17:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:17:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
10:17:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
10:17:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
10:17:57 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/Trash
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/[email protected]/’
10:17:58 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
10:18:06 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:18:06 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
10:18:06 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:18:06 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException:
10:18:07 AM ()
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException:
10:18:07 AM (Connection terminated)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:18:07 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
10:18:07 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/Trash

Hi, seems like the connection is terminated unexpectedly, are you using any firewall/proxy or any other security software on your computer?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi  I use, Norton 360 Premium Edition.  PC HealthBoost to maintain the registry, and  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  I do not use a Firewall/proxy.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Robert

Hi Rob, can you please try to temporarily disable these security elements and check if the issue persists? Some secuirty applications can cause issues when exceptions are not set properly, the application can then start blocking eM Client’s ability to connect to your mail server.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Paul, I temporarily  disabled the port security on the firewall manager, the effect didn’t cure the problem but generated the attached certification error message.  I registered the certificate.  Unfortunately the outcome was the same eM appears unable to access the IMAP incoming mail.  I can send from eM but not receive.  Would appreciate your assistance or view as to where the problem resides ?  Thanks  

Hi again Rob, this message should be shown when you’re being redirected to another server address when connecting to the setup server address under your account settings. This can occur when mail server are using redirection or in some specific cases this can mean a security issue.

However based on the warning you should be able to connect to your server by using the connect option, also you can use the Don’t ask again option to remember this server option.

If you’re having issues while sending messages, can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP/SMTP and make a screenshot of your account settings and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul