IMAP doesn't work if Secure SSL is provided

I recently found em client and decided to give it a try for my business email. I really do not like te Win 10 Mail app. Thunderbird’'s design is horrendous.

Anyway, when I enter the details as instructed by my mail server, em client works if I choose Non-Secure SSL ports. However I want to use Secure SSL. Using ports 993 and 465 for IMAP and SMTP respectively doesn’t work. em is unable to connect to the server to fetch the email.

Hi man, in SMTP use 587 not 465 and go work, i use gmail with 993 and 587 and work fine.

Pradhyumna Gupta: Did you ever get this to work? I have the same frustrating problem.

To use SMTP SSL you have to choose the correct Security Policy that matches your ISP SMTP IMAP server settings. They are not all the same.

I use Gmail which works for me on SSL - “Force usage of SSL/TLS” with Port 587 . If you cannot get any of the SSL security policy options to works with Port 587 then contact your ISP and advise.

Yes, there are specific combinations of ports and security policies. Choosing the wrong combination may result in an error.

For SMTP they are:

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)