imap account suddenly not working after licensing

Hi there,
I have been testing em for some time now and love it! Today I registered, at first for the free license. And now one of my two accounts stopped working. What ́s wrong there? gmail is working fine, the other is at 1und1. The adress works fine itself on all other devices, and the login data are correct. heeeeelp…

Hi Feline, are you completely sure you only have two accounts in eM Client with your free license?
If you’re, are you seeing any errors from the application? What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I am completely sure :wink: The strange thing is, the account starts downloading emails fine in the background, but when I write something/delete/mark as reasd, i.e. all those IMAP actions, nothing works. I’ll go diagnose then, wait for green tick, and then restart uploading,  and it SEEMS to do so, but with an awfully slow loading bar on the bottom right, and even after 30 mins nothing has changed. Any help would be welcome, I love your client and would like to pay for the license, but of course I need it working…
thank you!
Feline

Hi again Feline, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect t your server?

Can you also please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your 1und1 account > IMAP/SMTP?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,
I am using WIndows Defender, nothing else, and excluded the “Mailclient.exe” in the emclient-Folder from virus checking.
here’s the screenshots!
cheers,
Feline

Hi, can you please try to update your eM Client to this release http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21364/setup.msi , and change your IMAP settings to use port 993 with the security policy set to use SSL/TLS on special port legacy as well as change the SMTP settings port 587 with legacy security policy as well?

Hope this helps,
Paul

Thank you so much!! seems to have done the trick.
happy new year!

Great, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you and happy New Year to you too!
Paul